Any recommended MD 80 study guides

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flydaplane

Trying to find a systems video or computer demonstration for the MD 80 as I am a visual learner. Any suggestions/recommendations?

The best book, by far, on the MD-80 was written by the Northwest Airlines training department. That may not be what you are looking for, but it is an easy read and is the best reference you could get for MD-80 systems. Of course McDonnell Dougles themselves had books of wiring diagrams on all their makes and models which are really handy if you can find one for your particular make and model.

CBT courses are probably what you are after. You'd have to get the disks from someone but I'm sure they are around. As I just said on another thread, I would never pay for any of this information. Your airline should provide you with enough study material to be successful. The above is only for your personal reference library.

TP

What model ?

Delta has a great systems cd out there. It is based on the later models (88'ish) but the general systems are all about the same from the 82's on.

Depending on what you need, Northwest also offers the series of dc-9 systems videos that only cost about $35 new from thier stopover store. Four or five vhs tapes that are very good.

Last edited:
Thanks, BTW roughly 45% of the population are visual learners. Too bad most schools don't care. Maybe I could have gotten straight A's.

Latest resources

Back