• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any problems with Bose QC2?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yup, there's a switch on the right side cup. Find a Bose outlet if you can and buy the refurb model. It's quite a bit cheaper but has the same warranty.

Does it turn off automatically if you forget it on, or will it stay on until the battery is dead?

Does it turn off automatically if you forget it on, or will it stay on until the battery is dead?

Nope, it stays on until it's dead.

As far as them breaking/cracking, I did some research a while back, and apparently the older model QC2's had some design problems, but the updated models currently being sold don't have the same problem.

I would love to try the UflyMike setup, but I'm a little concerned that when the battery dies, you lose all audio, not just the noise cancellation. That would not be fun at a critical time, and is probably the reason it'll never be TSO'd.

I use mine for deadheading/nonreving, and can't say enough good things about the headset!

Back to your question about QC2 durability....I have had mine for 2+ years with only one problem. I handed them to some lady to demo them (this happens a lot), and she ripped them off her head by pulling straight up on the headband. Plastic parts went everywhere! I had to mail them back to Bose, but they replaced them no questions asked, and it just cost me the shipping costs to send them back.

I love the performance of these headphones, but think they are overpriced. I see lots of copycats out there in the $100-200 range.

So far the QC2 with the Uflymic have been working great. The headset runs on one AAA battery. When you turn on the headset a red light will illuminate on the side. As the battery wears down the red light will start to flash, and also you might hear some static in the background that's not there normally. Very comfortable headset even on those 7 + hr flight days.

I would love to try the UflyMike setup, but I'm a little concerned that when the battery dies, you lose all audio, not just the noise cancellation. That would not be fun at a critical time, and is probably the reason it'll never be TSO'd.

Easy to deal with. After the light starts blinking you still have quite a bit of usage..at least a day. You can tell if it is about to die by tapping the ear cup with your finger. If the noise cancellation cuts out for a couple of seconds, it is time to change the battery.

Thanks for all the input guys. My buddy just offered to sell me his Bose X headest for $500. I guess sporty's has a mp3 adpater you can use for $99. Do you think the QC2 is still the way to go?

Thanks!

If you are going to get it, I would get it through Skymall, if you are an airline employee. The 20% discount brings the price down to $240. Better than the Crutchfield deal. I use it and the Uflymike and have had no problems. I like it for deadheading too because my Ipod plugs into it as well.

Can anyone address this? Will it still work when the battery dies, or do you just lose the noise cancellation feature?

Can anyone address this? Will it still work when the battery dies, or do you just lose the noise cancellation feature?[/quote]

That is the big question. To my kmowledge, all TSO'd ANR headset fail to a passive normal headset function without power. Can an FAA inspector show up and say your UFlymike/QC2 headset is not "airworthy', forlack of a better term?

Latest resources

Back