Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Scaramunga

Hi,

I've read on some other sites that the Bose QC2 headphones break/crack a lot. Do any of you guys have problems with them. It seems like they're pretty fragile.

Thanks.

Mine broke .. they were a few years old. Took them to the kiosk in MSP and they exchanged them for new ones.

Is anyone using the "uflymike" mic adapter with the QC2's? Thinking about trying it out, cheaper than any othe noise cancelling sets on the market.

Ive Got The Uflymike Adapter ..love It .. Had Senn. Before .. Not As Confortable As The Uflymike .. Plus The Bose Can Be Used For Other Things.. Also Had Good Support Thru Uflymike

This is re-posted from another thread.

Totally agree with FreightDog, wouldn't trade it for anything.

I have had both the Telex and this new Bose QC2 & Uflymike combo.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-LY2mMEi...=018qc2s&wm=cl

www.UFlyMike.com

I can tell ya, ya can't beat the versitility of this Bose QCII rig. In the cockpit, great performance...In the hotel listening to the Ipod...Deadheading in the back, etc. I can fly an entire 4-day on (1) AAA battery. (I use re-chargeables and carry a spare)

At around $300 for the headset and $195 for the boom mike, thats half of a
Bose X, or Sennheiser, and IMHO, three times the usefulness. One of our Chief pilots had me try out an Aviation X, Senn, and Telex 850. My input back to him...even if the company bought another one and gave it to me, I'd prefer the Bose/UFly Rig!

As far as i know, the only place you can get the boom mike is from UFlyMike.com. Absolute First Class construction and customer service!

The best place I have found to buy the headset portion is Crutchfield's. $299 and they throw in shipping (mine arrived the next day!) and a free CD player. As long as you have NOT ordered anything from them before, you can use the "Refer a friend" code below for $20 off

To save $20 with the Crutchfield order, you have to place the code below, in both the "Code" box and in the "comments" box. When you first "checkout", you won't see the $20 discount, but when the order is processed, it is taken off. (Or call the 800 #)

DISCLAIMER: No, I don't work for UFlyMike or Crutchfields.

Not trying to "sell some cars" here, just giving my opinion, and maybe save someone some $$ in the process.

Refer a Friend Code: pi3c5-b69px-p6a4a

Cheers & Happy Holidays,
Hooch

I have a question about the battery. Is there an on/off switch? Or is it automatic on/off? I would hate to forget the switch on all the time and burn thru a ton of batteries.

-CF

Yup, there's a switch on the right side cup. Find a Bose outlet if you can and buy the refurb model. It's quite a bit cheaper but has the same warranty.

Latest resources

Back