Any problems with Bose QC2?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
⌐⌐⌐⌐⌐;1210688 said:
Hmm, I heard something totally different. Several months ago, I talked to a friend of mine ...The inspector said ... Apparently, a crew for some airline ...[/B][/SIZE]

Okay, so an FAA Inspector doing a line check of a friend said he knew of a crew who. . . That's like what, fifth party?

I'll give you second party. I rode a Mesaba as NWA Airlink out of Grand Forks after a large industry meeting with a bunch of FAA folks. There were 24-25 on board. One of the Feds was doing a line check, everyone else was just flying on business. I was one of three non-FAA passengers on board. Four FAA pax and myself had the QC2. The Captain had the UflyMike headset. The line check guy had some variation on the QC2.

The only excitement was when the FA came back and asked for all of the electronic headsets to be turned off before takeoff. All of us immediately complied, but one Fed asked for the FA to please verify that they wanted the QC2 to be turned off. She verified and said the Captain had asked specifically for the QC2s to be turned off.

There was no end of the razzing between Feds about harassing a crewmember and whom would write up whom.

No violations, enforcement actions, or other bad stuff ever happened to that flight crew in regards to that flight, even with the Captain wearing a UflyMike headset.

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

As far as the red light blinking, this is what I have experienced. I used the headset for five more days of flying the X and the first thing I noticed was that every now and then a word would cut out. I then changed the battery. I did that twice and had the same results both times. Now I change the battery after two days of blinking and always have a spare battery with me.

Latest resources

Back