Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Scaramunga

Hi,

I was thinking buying the Uflymike and QC2 headphones. Has anyone had problems with the Bose breaking? One some other sites people said the headphones crack. Just curious how they'll stand up with constant use.

Thanks.

I've been using them about 2 weeks now in pretty rough settings and have found no problem with them. I always return them to the case when they aren't on my head. Also make sure that you take care of the uflymike and don't bend it more than is necessary. It has been a great set up for me.

I've had mine for 6 months or so and I love them. I fly a Sovereign and they work perfectly and there's no interference between my QC2s and other brands of headsets worn by the other guys. They're great for the airlining too. Helps dampen the racket of the mandatory screaming kid sitting near me. They do seem more fragile than regular aviation headsets, but they cost around $400 with the mike, so I treat them like a $400 item.

Had the setup for three months now. Wouldn't trade them for anything. A co-worker who turned me on to the QC2 had his headband crack. Sent them off to Bose and they fixed it: no charge. If you have a problem with the mike, call in and there's a good chance Mike will answer the phone himself. The best part is the plug for the I-POD. It makes pond crossings much more enjoyable.

I've had mine just over a year now, no problems at all. Works great in the Hawker 800 without the Intercom mike sounding "hot" all the time like some headsets.

I have the QC2 with Uflymike and I love it. Just one question though...when I use an mp3 player through my mike, some songs sound like they are being run through a filter somehow. Usually I can only hear the background music and not the voices. Is the Uflymike suppose to filter out any part of an mp3? Just curious...

I have noticed the same thing Kevin. It seems to only do that up in the 40's. Don't know if the MP3 works better down low. Anyone deal with this?
Other than that ( the music with mike attached) this is my favorite headset.

I promise I'm not being judgemental, just curious. But do you folks actually fly listening to music? I guess it would't be any more distracting than reading.

I don't listen to music unless we're already at cruise and even then it's at a low enough volume where I can still hear the fo and atc perfectly fine. If anything it keeps me more alert and I feel less sleepy when I'm listening to music. I usually have to be at work at 430am, and without a lav on the 1900, I hate to drink too much coffee. I have to have something to keep me awake!

Latest resources

Back