• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any Parks College people here?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow a three page Parks thread! I was an "old school" Parks guy, all Cahokia, all the time! I started in '91, and ran out on '95. I almost considered the Parks master degree program, since it was run by Dr. Monoj, who was my old boss from my days as a dishwasher in the lovely hall of decadent cuisine on campus! Once I realized a degree in aviation safety is about as worth wile as the professional pilot degree I got there the first time, I decided to forgo that little adventure. I had the privilege of hanging out with FO Dave Byrd at Comair for a little while. We chatted about old times as we updated our Jepps together on multi hour breaks in CVG, he is actually a decent guy. Even at Parks he wasn't all that bad, now Slawin, that's another story! I heard he left aviation behind him, and perhaps under him, I don't think he ever saw his toes! Last May I made my way down to the campus, it is eerie just like it was 10 years ago! The building are starting to show some neglect, but the signs were still there, grass was cut, and even flowers were still growing. It is very spooky since I and many others have many memories there and it still looks the same. I stay in touch with a few people from parks. I saw a few when I was at Comair, but I am back in corporate now and see very few now. So is everyone trying to guess real names of everyone on this thread?? I'll keep ya from guessing:

Tom Oates
ASPP '95 (funny don't feel very professional?!)
AMM '95 (my REAL degree, actually made money with this one!)
Flying corporate in Chicago (MDW)

Take Care guys (because there were like 4 girls there!)

Shamrock1 said:
Last I heard Mr. Phillips was at NetJets. Great guy, did some of my MEL and CFI with him in 96.

What was Mr Phillips first name?

Tired for a while to remember the previous name of Stooges, and finally called my best buddy, who ended up marrying his GF at Parks, they both fly for majors now..this was back in late 70's early 80's.
Name was The Ranch.

He only went be Jim for the years that I knew him. He and I had some great times flying the C152 from Downtown "Scare". In case Jim is reading this thread, my hair is back to it's natural color. Marker Beacon OUT!

one year, the night before the annual open house/fly-in, we bumbled our way back from stooges, and noticed all the pretty blue signs scattered about the campus, signs describing things like 'on this spot once stood the college pub,' or, 'mercury hall was built in 196x', etc. we decided to rearrange the signs for the visitors the next day. luckily i was awake and about the next morning when i witnessed the first tour guide taking a group around campus, and the confusion on his face as he realized the sign in front of aviation hall stated 'parks college cafeteria,' and the cafe sign indicated the once-site of the old maintenance hangar. ah, good times!

I actually have a few signs and I think a parking gate memento somewhere around. It was a rite of passage to "allegedly" obtain or perhaps open a parking lot or two by removing those hated gates. I remember the big controversy those caused, little did anyone know what bigger problems were ahead.

wet behind the ears

Boy are you guys wet behind the ears. Went there in '67 for one year then transferred to SIU (not in aviation by the way). No, did not flunk out either. Anyway you guys probably don't remember Pappy Horn, Mr. Eros, Bobby Boll, Father Leiker, Mr. Whitmore, Mr. Lin, Mr. Uritus (that was good for a laugh)

Latest resources

Back