Any one know who "justice" is?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thedude said:
Not completely true. Every so often the Marshalls use sub-service from other carriers. I have personally flown at least 20 trips for them in the 727
Hmmm... interesting. When I was flying at EOI they wouldn't let any of us do that flying, said all their pilots had to be US Marshall Service employees.

Maybe you were flying one of the INS babysitting flights and not the actual Con Air type of work? I don't know, haven't been directly involved in it, just responded to a job ad or two for them (and no, not the one in the link...) :)

I used to see them in OKC all the time doing flights for the Fed prison there. They had a hangar on the NE side of the airport.

Does anybody on this board actually fly for them? if so, let us hear from you.

Lear70 said:
Hmmm... interesting. When I was flying at EOI they wouldn't let any of us do that flying, said all their pilots had to be US Marshall Service employees.

Maybe you were flying one of the INS babysitting flights and not the actual Con Air type of work? I don't know, haven't been directly involved in it, just responded to a job ad or two for them (and no, not the one in the link...) :)

Nope, we flew both. I began to hate the Justice flight because we usually did at least 8 legs a day and I would finally remember to respond to the Justice callsign about halfway through the day. We usually had one of their guys on board to pay for fuel and tell us where to park but other than that we did alot of legs for 'em.

DOJ has a 737 that comes to Willow Run (YIP) every Weds to up pick inmates. I think it ususally goes to Terra Haute after.

I have flown many months worth of trips for them. They would hire my company to fly for them when their own aircraft broke. Which was often. It is some of the best flying I have ever done. Jeans and tee shirt, ball cap ,no bitchy/dumb flight attendants, part 91 flying. Yes some of the days were long and had many legs, 5 or 6 some days but the Marshals crews are way cool and the flying never dull. I went to all the Central America spots as well as all the islands in the Caribbean including Havana Cuba 2 or 3 times. Not too many people can say that. Most of the stuff in this thread about hiring seems to be correct from what I remember but if you get hired as a pilot you are only a JPATS pilot not a Marshal nor trained as one. They also have a fleet of Leers and other bizjets for the high profile prisoners but they are only in the OAK city base. The Williams Gateway and Alexandra base are only 737's or MD-80's if they have not made the switch to all 737 yet.

Lear70 said:
only caps out around $95k if I remember correctly...

Unlike flying for the majors though that $95k is never going to go down (in fact you will probably get a raise every year), you are never going to face furlough, and you get some sweet benefits. Plus if they run their per diem program anything like the one my buddy gets designing roads for DOT you can tack another $20-30k onto that number pretty easily.

any job paying 100K a year that offers minimal risk of layoff, a pension/retirement, and minimal/zero chance of pay cuts due to "cost cutting measures by the CFO" is a good job in the 2006-era of the aviation industry

so you don't wear gold stripes on your epalets and black low-quarters?

if you want that join Comair, they "get" to do that

Latest resources

Back