Any one heard of T.A.B. Express

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
King Air

I flew with them on a training flight. I also saw a numberr of their aircraft. They are older King Air's, A and B Models. They baby them by practice, no battery starts, low power settings for cruise, but the general condition of the ones I saw was fine.

They had one there that was a 1968 with only 4000 hours total time. Bob, the owner, actually owns a bunch which he has leased for corporate ops.

The concept here is turbine time using older King Airs. The people I met as instructors were all current airline types. They would not be flying these aircraft if they were not decent.

By the way, I owned several King Airs. Did not see any painted on boots but then not a tremendous demand in South Florida for boots anyway.

Painted boots

Well, if they have painted boots then I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. Thanks, Beytzim I will forward the info. They could be using their corporate aircraft for advertisement also. If anyone were to do this to mislead a prospective student then I would recommend staying away.

Publisher:
If they mislead anyone with a photo of an aircraft that you wouldn't be able to fly do you call this misleading?

I will probably direct him to Regional Airline Training Academy.

Publisher

Hard to believe you're a pilot. Just because you live in Florida doesnt mean you dont need deice equipment on an airplane. Just a few weeks ago I picked up almost 1/2" on a hop to the Bahamas on a slow climb to 310. Had I been in a King Air rather than a Westwind I probably would have needed boots that night.

Just a while back a Comair RJ did some unintentional acro on the way to PBI from Nassau due to icing. Ask the Captain about the demand for deice equipment in Florida

Anytime the OAT is between -10 and +10c you run a pretty good chance of picking up some ice. Doesnt matter wether your in Tahiti during the summer or Greenland in the winter

This is a common misconception along with guys that think carb ice doesnt occur on hot days

I know what you mean FLYDOG...

I hit some thunderhead babies that didn't seem to be doing alot on the radar, but all ice on top.

I live by ICE can happen anytime anywhere in the visible moisture, and Florida has alot of visible moisture in the sense of humidity with clouds...ewww bad mix.

Flydog is correct

There is enough icing here in FL.
In a C90 just south of the lake on the way to PBI at 16,000 in the summer,wing icing. a few years ago
Comair's Brasilia had fun last summer. it was a skidmark flight.
Contrary to belief it is not 90 year round up to 450 down here, conditions down here provide ample icing conditions.

Doesn't TAB say
our pilots are the standard by which new pilots are measured, or something like that
you got to be kidding me:cool:

Last edited:
Geez

Geez, lighten up a bit would you.

Is icing possible in Florida, of course it is. Is it real likely when you are flying around under 10k, no.

In 12 years and 1500 hours of flying, there were only 3 or 4 times icing was a big factor in a flight even flying out of Ohio.

In the system they are using is this a big deal, I do not think so.

Latest resources

Back