Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Pilot3729

Where's the passengers?
I have a friend who's thinking of going through T.A.B. Express this summer. They pretty much guarantee a job and train with Turbo Props. I think Kings.

If anyone has heard good or bad so I can forward it on...

"Guarantee a job,""...don't go there based on that. I have a friend who went there, was in the first class at that place. He's still looking for a job. Although he was going to interview with Eagle, 9/11 happened, and he didn't. I'm not saying it's a bad program, it actually looked pretty decent from what I saw. But there are no guarantees, and that schools placement record is not good so far.

Cool Thanks

Yeah, I don't know much about them. My friends son wants to go
there, but I told him don't spend his money just yet. So I wanted to check for him on this site.
Heck if he's going to spend that much money I told him buy a 152 and fly the crap out of it and then when he's almost done with the hours, give it to a flight school for a couple hundred hours of twin time....

Also

Keep in mind that with the way things are right now, no one can guarantee a job. I think that program guarantees an interview.......if you successfully complete the program. I really don't think that they can even guarantee that right now. I am at ATA and they have a similar deal. They even say that this does not guarantee a job. It seems like a pretty good program, though. You get 100 hrs LOFT in a king air 90. But, be wary of anything that says they will definitely get you a job....how much are they charging these days?

From what I heard their airplanes are pretty crappy. I used to fly out of Deland and spoke with some of the mechanics. They practically laughed at the test pilots, I mean, students, who flew those things. Example: The boots on the airplanes are not real, they're actually just painted on! Gotta love that!

beytzim

I think from what he said it was $45000...for that much I guess I can bribe an airline official for a job with better results....

I need facts guys

beytzim said:
From what I heard their airplanes are pretty crappy. I used to fly out of Deland and spoke with some of the mechanics. They practically laughed at the test pilots, I mean, students, who flew those things. Example: The boots on the airplanes are not real, they're actually just painted on! Gotta love that!

beytzim
I thought that was kinda funny when I read it, but I saw something that couldn't make that statement true. I was looking at the fleet of King Airs and noticed something having flown King Airs. If they painter boots on the prop that would completely screw up the balance and not possible per FAR's. I need info from people that know, not 5th hand disgrunted students. Thanks guys for all the info.

Latest resources

Back