Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ANY OLD Texas State Technical guys out there?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh yeah, good old 763, I got my high performance endorsement in that thing in 98 with a certain golfer/flight instructor. Just now went and grabbed the POH (yeah, I keep em all, what a dork) and I second Burritos' performance numbers, man that thing was cool.

Regarding Steve: I have just two words: Saab 340. We could have made a drinking game out of his classes. Steve mentions Saab 340, take a drink. We would have been wasted inside of an hour. He also used to get his facts wrong in class. Good guy though, not trying to be mean.

I remember the Geronimo gearing up during the open house also. It was sad and funny at the same time.

Burritos: sounds like we were there at the same time. Who are you? Maybe send me a PM, we might have known each other.

Superpilot: I'd love to see those pics, can I PM you with an email address?

Last edited:
88763 got donated to the aviation maintenance program when it's TBO was up, if I'm not mistaken. Speasemaker finally made the move up, although that's been several years ago now. I think he really liked instructing, but sooner or later, you gotta go. Might have gone down to Continental Express.

SpaceGhost said:
88763 got donated to the aviation maintenance program when it's TBO was up, if I'm not mistaken. Speasemaker finally made the move up, although that's been several years ago now. I think he really liked instructing, but sooner or later, you gotta go. Might have gone down to Continental Express.

Thanks for the info. I helped put the last new engine into 763 back in 98 I think. Got to break it in too, full power for an hour to seat the rings! That was a fun flight.

Hey CoolHands (Scott), the shirt quote would be 'Got GUMP?'
I did fly 763 once and it was UGLY on the inside (made 28V and 52D seem luxurious).... I was kind of scared, but I must admit, the takeoff climb was nothing but sky. It didn't have even have switches for the electrical components, but push/pull knobs.

SpaceGhost said:
Hey CoolHands (Scott), the shirt quote would be 'Got GUMP?'
I did fly 763 once and it was UGLY on the inside (made 28V and 52D seem luxurious).... I was kind of scared, but I must admit, the takeoff climb was nothing but sky. It didn't have even have switches for the electrical components, but push/pull knobs.

Thanks SpaceGhost, I really wish I coulda gotten one of those shirts :D I was in KABI a few nights ago on my freight run and I saw N95606 sitting in front of the t-hangers. I just checked my logbook and I flew that plane on one of my first flights back in October of 2000. Brought back a bunch of fun memories!

Fly Safe

Scott

2001-2002

i went to TSTC from 2001-2002.....ross was my flight instructor......and really waco is not that bad!!! met a whole bunch of wonderful people!!! and lived by lake waco...so it was beautiful......only went their for a year and a half.....ran out of money!!!! you know the usual story....anyway...moved to florida and now flying jets!!!!

Latest resources

Back