Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ANY OLD Texas State Technical guys out there?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was going to go there but my student loans werent enough for me to cover all the cost. I know of two guys that went there but that was back in the 70's and mid 80's when they where there. Ones a FedEx MD-11 captain, the other is a US Airways 737 FO (was a captain on the 737 but we all know this story).

Wish i would have been able to go there, good school and great airport.

We Aint Coming Out!

92-93

Thanks Dave , what a cook out you had at your place!

Thats funny! Once you get in you never get out.! WE AINT COMMIN OUT! i fly over that place almost everyday. They have rebuilt and planted trees for all those whom died.

Waco

Is Scruffy Murphys still there? Cold Shiner on tap...the patio in the summer.

I was there in '97 and '98 -- had a great time and thought it was a great group of people. We didn't have any fancy-schmancy Mooneys then though. Just 152's, 172's, and an Apache with the Geronimo conversion. I remember the maintenance being very good.

I also remember the realism of practicing short field landings on a runway 8600' x 150'. ;)

Last edited:
I'm a first semester student at TSTC. I should be in bed right now (test tomorrow and finals next week!). I really like it here, but there aren't enough instructors to get everybody flying a lot. They recently got one more and say they'll be getting more soon. Yes, there are two fancy shcmancy Mooneys, but they apparently are maintenence hogs and I hear its pretty rare that both are in working condition at the same time. A couple of Diamonds should be coming in before Xmas, and they'll begin to get rid of the 152s. They are replacing all of the 152s with Diamonds.

Former instructor & alumni

I went through the program '98-'00. Then I instructed there for 7 months. It is one of the better programs in Texas. I have worked at other schools and TSTC was much better. I remember a few of the above mentioned former students who did not like it also. You can't please everyone all the time. To TSTC's credit the list of alumni that are airline pilots is impressive.

-Keith

Pugh said:
Does anyone know why the graduation rate is 5% though? Thats what I heard it is right now :cool:
That's just nuts. I'd put our graduating class (1999) somewhere around 70 to 80 percent.

Latest resources

Back