• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any of you pilot MBA's out there?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you sure its not timed based at UOP. My mom does it online and has to post everyday or the teacher removes points.

Last edited:
psysicx said:
Are you sure its not timed based at UOP. My my does it online and has to post everyday or the teacher removes points.

Well, it depends on what you define as "time-based." What I was saying is that UOP does not require me to log on at a specific time of day. However, there are minimum "participation requirements." In order to qualify as being present in the class, a minimum of two postings per week are all that is needed.

However...

All of the facilitators I've had require at least two postings per day for 4 out of 7 days. Some required more, but the general rule is 8-10 posts per week, spread out over 4 days.

As mayday1 said, the online program is more difficult in terms of overall requirements. There is a lot of reading, writing, and posting required. Between the papers and the weekly discussion questions, a competent student will emerge a stellar writer.

--Dim

Liberty University

RichardRambone said:
I am considering pursuing my MBA online and was wondering where you all got yours and if any one reccomends a good accredited online MBA. I'd prefer to stay away from an aviation MBA though. I mostly want to do it as a backup to my pilot career but also do you think it could help me land a corporate gig and maybe later a management position? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

www.liberty.edu

Go to school!

Just finished an MAS degree in Airline Operations and Airline Management. It is a dual degree through ERAU. Took 3 years because I changed campuses. About the only use that I can think of getting out of it is to frame the diploma and hang it on the wall. Otherwise, good luck with your quest!
:)

Thx for the info guys. I almost want to put off this flying business for another couple years, go get my MBA at a local university (only 14,000), spend a semester abroad, graduate and then try and start up my flying again. I may be crazy to leave this flying b/cI love it but maybe it will be more helpful in the long run. Still confused and not sure what to do.

RichardRambone said:
Thx for the info guys. I almost want to put off this flying business for another couple years, go get my MBA at a local university (only 14,000), spend a semester abroad, graduate and then try and start up my flying again. I may be crazy to leave this flying b/cI love it but maybe it will be more helpful in the long run. Still confused and not sure what to do.

Well, despite what some may say, aviation will be here waiting for you when you get back. I think some folks get so myopic that they forget that there is a world outside of flying. Do what is best for you.

-Goose

Latest resources

Back