Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

any new rumors of furloughs at any of the fracs?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That would make sense as the Pacific ocean is not part of the US.

;)

Glass-Steagall was a bad law and it's repeal had very little to do with the current mess.

You don't read the financial press, do you? Gutting of the Glass-Steagall act allowed banks to become investment banks (and vice-versa), who then leveraged themselves upwards of 40:1. That is, they borrowed $40 for speculative investments for every dollar they had on deposit.

JP Morgan, for example have over $97 TRILLION in derivatives exposure. Citibank more than $40 TRILLION.

But yeah, you're right, it's all the fault of the subprime borrower.:rolleyes:

But yeah, you're right, it's all the fault of the subprime borrower.:rolleyes:
No. its the fault of Barney Frank and the Dems who forced banks to lend to the uncreditworthy...

Saturday Night Live -- very funny
THE FORBIDDEN Saturday Night Live SKIT

SNL did a "Bailout" skit, which has created some rather awkward problems for NBC. They spiked the video and tried to shut it down on the Internet. But aha, there's still some sites that have it.

http://msunderestimated.com/SNLBailoutSkit.wmv

Funny ass skit.

Now back to the thread title. I hear more reductions at Flex.:( Anyone else have a take?

Word around the camp fire is anywhere from 20-70 more pilots. Hope it is all rumor but seeing how much red was bled before the first round I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.

I hope for a speedy economic recovery but like my Grandma always said, "hope in one hand and crap in the other and see which fills up first." ;)

Word around the camp fire is anywhere from 20-70 more pilots. Hope it is all rumor but seeing how much red was bled before the first round I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.

I hope for a speedy economic recovery but like my Grandma always said, "hope in one hand and crap in the other and see which fills up first." ;)

What "red" are you referring to? Flex is making profit right now.

Latest resources

Back