Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any new hires at Piedmont or Colgan please pm me!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
o

Go tell that to the many guys that get hired right into SWA, Cathay, etc with just 1900/Sabb/Dash/JS time.

Times have changed versus 5 years ago.. many more people have jet time versus turboprop time. As this trend continues in the years to come, TP time will become less and less valuable. We're already seeing that with some of the major carriers.. As example: obviously JetBlue has a reason they've stopped putting TP guys in the Airbus... and its not because they flew in shlt weather or flew 10 legs per day.. get a clue, they can't handle a advanced, automated jet.

For some reason, prop guys seem to have tunnel vision on this subject

Last edited:

get a clue, they can't handle a advanced, automated jet.

Are you serious?

Maybe my eye sight is getting poor, but under your profile you have listed "Saab 340"....?....

Let me have a few glasses of wine, then ill come back in 2 or 3 hours with a better, more "thought out" response.

Times have changed versus 5 years ago.. many more people have jet time versus turboprop time. As this trend continues in the years to come, TP time will become less and less valuable. We're already seeing that with some of the major carriers.. As example: obviously JetBlue has a reason they've stopped putting TP guys in the Airbus... and its not because they flew in shlt weather or flew 10 legs per day.. get a clue, they can't handle a advanced, automated jet.

I'm having a hard time figuring out if you are actually serious with the above post. For sake of argument I'm going to assume you are.

No one gives a frogs fat ass if you have jet PIC time or Turboprop PIC time...unless of course you apply to many of the Asian carriers.

Airlines in the US are continuing to hire turboprop AND jet pilots with PIC time based on their ability to make sound decisions and their leadership experience in the cockpit. I can name many folks who have left PDT and other turboprop carriers over the past year that have gone to JetBlue and SWA with a mere 1000-1500 hrs PIC.

More people have jet time than those with prop time? Yea, probably so since companies like USAir are diseased with so many dam 50, 70, and 90 seat RJ's. And no, I'm not bitter or jealous. I could care less what type of plane I fly, although I am partial to the Dash. I just think that was an ignorant post. PIC time is PIC time. Call me old fashioned I guess.

Not being able to "handle an advanced jet" is a crock of sh!t if I've ever heard it. Any monkey can learn it if he puts his noodle to it. I guarantee you if you can learn systems on a Saab or a Dash, you can certainly learn them on anything else.

How was the transition from the Saab to the advanced cockpit of the E170? I have a hard time believing that the glass concept of an E170 is much different from that of an Airbus. But what do I know...

Mr. greedypilot, what you've just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

is piedmont still hiring? I went to their website and I couldnt find the resume section for pilots under career opportunities, I saw it a few weeks back.... anyone know anything?

Mr. greedypilot, what you've just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

You have 6500 hrs and are flying a trash 8.. to quote the great Jim Carrey: "LAAAAAA HOOOOOO SSSEER"

Looks like that 1000 TP PIC is really workin out well for ya.

You have 6500 hrs and are flying a trash 8.. to quote the great Jim Carrey: "LAAAAAA HOOOOOO SSSEER"

Looks like that 1000 TP PIC is really workin out well for ya.

I don't think so. You never know the details. How is he a loser!

Thanks colgan 155

is piedmont still hiring? I went to their website and I couldnt find the resume section for pilots under career opportunities, I saw it a few weeks back.... anyone know anything?

I was a passenger on the 5:35am flight from EWN to CLT and I asked the flight crew when they deplaned. They said yes. Call HR to get an application, and keep submitting it as you add ME time...

My dumb ass scanned the application before I sent it the second time, but didn't save the blank .pdf :0

-TF

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back