• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any more news on Skywest furloughs?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think there will be a limit on part time lines. Im being told that there are 120-150 interested. We will see.

SAPA is working with management to build language for VLA up to 6 months that would include medical benefits and travel. Travel benefits are being closely controlled by our lift partners, United and Delta travel benefits are somewhat "out of our hands".

ASA and ALPA agreed to month leaves, extended leaves for up to a year (accrue longevity, seniority, and keep health and travel benefits), and part time lines (work 2 weeks a month).

Within about 2 weeks of rolling this stuff out, furlough calls started. The voluntary programs saved a few more people from being furloughed, sure, but there's only a handful of people that can afford to take a month or year off without pay. Those that could, though, got a really sweet deal.

SkyWest has never fuloughed in 36 years, rez. Please list any ALPO carrier that can claim the same.
None of us are immune from this economy. ASA hadn't furloughed in 31 years -- decent track record, we all thought. Doesn't help the 80 guys and gals that ultimately got cut.

Part time lines?

Ahem…Muffin, be a darling and please inform my partners at the plastic surgery clinic that I will be picking up more of the load for a month or two…

Yah right…that will be the farking day in this airline business.

Last edited:
SkyWest has never fuloughed in 36 years, rez. Please list any ALPO carrier that can claim the same.

I wouldn't get too cocky. You guys are not out of the woods just yet. If you don't get some more flying SGU will Furlough.

Latest resources

Back