Any Info?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
52Vincent:

The common acronyms are ROTFLMAO, ROTFL, LMAO, and LOL. They all pretty much mean the same thing.

Then you have the ones typically used in real time chat areas:

brb - be right back.
ttyl - talk to you later.
k - okay
np - no problem

Finally, you have the one that's seen all the time on message boards everywhere:

BDIC - BigD Is Cool :D :D :D

So timebuilder, how's that Atkins diet going ? I actually dropped 25 lbs. in recent months but finding it harder to keep up.

I started Atkins just before we went into Iraq. I was over 220 on a 5'10" frame. Not good.

Now I am about 203, and still incrementally losing weight. I DO miss ice cream, bread, potatoes, and chocolate. I went to decaf from a five cup a day habit. I'm convinced this is a good thing for me. I've always had low cholesterol and low blood pressure. I take vitamins and Omega three fatty acids.

If you are able to part company with the problem foods, you can do well on Atkins. I am.

My girlfriend just recently decided to go on a diet, which basically means that I'm now on a diet too. It's probably a good thing. I have all my old temporary pilot certificates, and it's funny to see the progression of my weight. It looks like:

I think I'm now at around 180 or 185. Man, this getting older stuff sucks. I need to look into the Atkins diet myself. The free soda and candy machines at work don't help.

just started the diet last week its great!!!! we have had ribeye 3 times this week- went from regular MT. DEW to the diet stuff its ok but I love my ribeye. I've tried briskit 2 times once in Lubbock the other in Houston, couldnt come close to a ribeye. The sad thing about the diet is going to Wendys ordering a triple cheeseburger and eating its guts out with a fork while leaving its fluffy bun untouched- troubling really but worth it I guess.

Last edited:
52vincent said:
One of these day Iam going to post a thread about acronyms, Isee many here that Iam not familiar with. Perhaps I will start keeping track of them all.

TI4BBQR,BB,CBAACB.

Translated...Tonight it's 4 BBQ Ribs, baked beans, corn bread and a cold beer.:D

Bet no one on AOL could figure that one out!

I'm sorry I missed the RJ comment before it was removed.

And finally, diets. I did Weight Watchers and lost 50 lbs effortlessly. Easiest darn diet I've ever tried. Eat whatever you want, just learn to count a few points. Maintenance is a breeze and should the Cheese cake become irresistable after those BBQ Ribs, well, go ahead then. All you need to do is adjust the next day. Noooooooooooooooo sweat!

A much lighter 2000Flyer:D

FlyChicago

I used to be like you... could never gain the weight... wished I was bigger in high school, and even college.. I looked emaciated... lol mr. waist size 28... ha ha!

Now, I'm married with 2 kids... I'm gaining the freakin weight....
was as high as 160 #, 5'5" frame, and last christmas, my family was ready to buy me size 34w pants.... OUCH!! why???? Because I ate the leftovers... the ice creams, the junk food my wife keeps on the cupboards...

Finally this year... I've decided to exercise, lift weights, back to my old skinny self drinking protein shakes in the morning, atkins shmatkins! Eat whatever you feel like it... as long as it's solids... meat, chicken, fish, veggies... decrease the rice and potatoes... WE CAN ALL DO WITHOUT THE ICE CREAMS, COOKIES, BUTTER, KRISPY CREAMS.... o man! did I just say that??? I luv those things!! Keep it moderate.... and learn to eat small servings multiple times in the day versus the 3X/day meals we've all been accustomed to...

Hope my wife would follow my lead...

JR

Fly Chicago,

It is too early in your flying career to start gaining weight.

I went from working line service in So. Florida full time to flying fulll time. My medical went from 175lbs to 205lbs in 6 months. My doc asked if any thing was wrong with me. It came from sitting on my a$$ and eating more food. (on the bosses dime)

Cappy

FlyChicaga - my secret I think is that I'm just getting older. I was pretty thin all through high school, and sometime around 20 or 21 - it all went downhill. I think my metabolism is just slowing down. I don't really eat or excercise any differently than I did back then.

I'm 6'1", so I figure ideally I'd be around 170-180 lbs.

From a person who constantly has to work at NOT gaining weight, it's always a pleasure to hear these stories of eating all you want and NOT being able to gain weight. LMAO!

All kidding aside... I seem to fall into the category most others have, that is to say through high school and college my weight stayed the same +/- 10 pounds. When my wife became pregnant with our first, I tended to indulge in her cravings...I told her I didnt' want her to feel bad for eating:D... At the same time I had my first corporate job that pretty much left me sitting in FBOs most of the day. Well, sitting and eating are definitely not two habits you want to take up. I did the same thing through her second pregnancy. Needless to say, I put on weight faster than a trough fed cow. Ten years later after trying nearly every diet under the sun (including most of the "fad" diets and schemes) my wife and I got on Weight Watchers. Combined we've lost just shy of 100 pounds!

And now, feeling like we've joined a women's chat group, I'm going to go work on the car, get greasy and watch some sports...(trying to get more male hormones! :D :p :D :p :D ;) LMAO!)

2000Flyer

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back