Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Timebuilder said:
So, how does one make a good brisket?

Well I haven't done a brisket yet or a "Briscuit" either ;)...

But I do know it takes about 8 hours of smoking... of course after seasoning.... I am probably going to try to make a brisket in the next month or two... if I do, I'll let you know how it turns out!

Oh, and JJtheJetPlane.... Dude... relax... step back and take a breath, no one here is trying to take your job away...

Here ya go!

Timebuilder,

So just so ya know I CAN be helpful:

http://www.texascook.com/barbecue/12.html

Stubb's BBQ Spice Rub from the grocery store will work just fine if you want to buy a seasoning instead of making your own.

You can tell it's done when you stick it with a fork and it falls apart.

One other tip. If you want, you can smoke it for 8-10 hours at 180F, then, wrap in foil and cook for another 8-10 hours in the oven on 180F. Supposedly meat can't absorb any more smoke flavor after 10 hours but I haven't verified this. You'll need to seek a professional like Falcon Capt. for the TERPS on BBQ!

Enjoy!

Re: Here ya go!

AV8OR said:
Supposedly meat can't absorb any more smoke flavor after 10 hours but I haven't verified this. You'll need to seek a professional like Falcon Capt. for the TERPS on BBQ!

You are correct... each type of meat (beef, pork, poultry) has a certain temperature at which the meat will no longer absorb the smoke flavor.... It is important to get the smoke in early in the cooking cycle if you want the flavor to be there.... The extra smoke at the end of the cooking cycle is there merely to make your neighbors drool...

So timebuilder, how's that Atkins diet going ? I actually dropped 25 lbs. in recent months but finding it harder to keep up.

JJthejetplane,

take your RJ babble to the regional board.
Nobody here gives a **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** about RJs and believe me nobody wants to fly yours for a living.

Oh yeah, and guys...BBQ sucks.

English - I apologize for hijacking this particular thread. The original poster's question seemed to be resolved, so I thought it'd be a good candidate. But to be honest, I wasn't thinking about the thread's subject material, and I really should have been. I didn't mean to step on any toes.

And dammmit! I can speeel, realy!!! :p

Timebuilder said:
I'm on the Atkins diet, and no fluffy baked goods are on my menu.

Good luck the diet works, I lost 15 lbs in just a few weeks,but Isure did miss the fluffy stuff, i love the bread.

I made Beer Butt Chicken on the grill last weekend!!!!!:D :cool: :D :D MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please define the above.

One of these day Iam going to post a thread about acronyms, Isee many here that Iam not familiar with. Perhaps I will start keeping track of them all.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back