Any Info?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FlyChicago

I used to be like you... could never gain the weight... wished I was bigger in high school, and even college.. I looked emaciated... lol mr. waist size 28... ha ha!

Ditto here. I went through high school and college looking like a beanpole. I could eat a horse and not gain an ounce, always around 6'2/170 ish. Now I'm about 220. Just wait, It'll get you too, FlyChicago!

Oh, yea. To keep with the theme of things around here... I think I'll BBQ tomorrow!

for the search engines...

Does brisket taste better in the back of an RJ being operated by a contract carrier, in the lobby of the RJDC's covert survellance position across the street from the ALPA national offices, or in Clewiston, FL at the Old South BBQ Ranch?

I cant believe that people have to read a read a book or join some diet program in order to find out what is healthy and whats not. Use some common sense, read the labels on the back of the food, get off your A$$ 30 min a day, and quit eating gut bombs from wendys and the like. Now i will go watch Springer while eating pork rinds and wait for a reply.

For all you folkies thinkin of goin Atkins...don't do it!

I tried it for 2 weeks. Basically, all you get are eggs, meats, greens and cheese. You call that variety?

After 2 weeks i actually lost some weight, but it didn't show at all. I was really feeling like cr@p, and craving some carbs. So, i blew my atkins diet away with a full plate of chicken nachos!!!

I had a boss who did atkins, his breath was so bad, we nicknamed it the "kiss of death".

What DOES work:
Eat small portions, every few hours. DECREASE carbs, not eliminate. And get off your fat a$$!!!

Ok, all this weight talkin is growin me a slit tween my legs.

Another tangent

I realize this may go even further off the subject. However it does fit with the dieting discussion.

Many pilots (not all) are presented with a golden opportunity to excersize. In my situation I have about 1 1/2 to 2 hour lay over. Unstead of sitting in front of the TV and grazing around the cookie and coffee area, I run on the ramp and surround roads, then situps and what not in snooze room (though you need to watch the heavy breathing and groaning so that passers by wont jump to conclusions). They even have a shower, so I dont have to stink. But I am a freight pilot, who am I trying to impress. This does work, I went from 195 in Nov02 to 175 currently.

And like the previous said use common sense while eating and exercizing like this at least 3 times a week and good things will happen.

I realize that this may not work for all, but its worth thinking about the next you are in the lazy boy trying to stay awake while watching Wings Over the Luftwaffa for the umpteenth time.

Safe flying

PS Sorry if I sound preachy, just trying to help.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back