• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any info on Tradewinds

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CYS Mon, Congratulations on the up-grade. I was in your December class.
I'm TPE based, MFM seems to go senior. Most of my March schedule has been 2 on 1 off, all turns that go through MFM to either XMN or PVG. The hotel in TPE is 4 star with an excellent staff. On the latest bid it looks like we are 6 FO's and a bunch of FE's short.
Our XMN legs were CNX today so I'm off to MFM for a 4 hour shopping trip.
T.

That is the exact point of my post. This captain made the crew do it. The other crews (Tradewinds) around us were not impressed to say the least. I never spoke with the Express Net crew.

Hi Bus Driver.

How things in TX?

Yeah the upgrade was pretty fast, did not even fly one trip in the right seat.

I helped that one captain quit and one got fired about the same time I climbed into the simulator....Left seat in the sim from day one.
(Piece of crap that Aero Services 747 sim, in the old days they'd walk it behind the barn and shoot it...:)

See ya out there somewhere, be good.

The interview was very relaxed. No sim, no tech questions. More like an information session where various people talk to you about the company and schedules and ask how you will deal with working a 30 on/30 off type schedule in Asia. All in all very informal and friendly.

Capts pay starts at $96.00 per hour and goes up a few bucks each year.

Not great, but these days nothing is...:(

more info

CSY Mon said:
Capts pay starts at $96.00 per hour and goes up a few bucks each year.

Not great, but these days nothing is...:(

I know someone might've asked this already but, what is a typical work schedule? do pilots have a set schedule, on-call, how much time are you away from home? Do you guys have jumpseat privilages?

2 weeks on, 2 off.

Some lines may have fixed flying, but others are strictly reserve...In that case they pay yer hotel and per-diem while ya sit around waiting for flights.

Plenty of jump seat agreements, but not being a commuter, have not paid much attention...Think I saw a list with 40 or 50 companies howevr...No CASS yet.

any new information on hiring?
Are the trips mostly reserve or is it mostly scheduled? What kind of freight do you fly?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back