Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dueguard1

ROTT MAN 4 LIFE!!!
Their website is currently down...Anyone Know?

1.) Are they Hiring/Minimums?
2.) Bases?
3.)Good Company/ Bad Company?
4.) How long is training, Where, & Do they pay during?

If you want to fly for a "whore-r-selves" out company, knock yourself out! Oh wait, all non wholly owned subsideraries are doing this now! Just follow in Mesas footsteps...

Duegard, if you don't mind dealing with finger-pointing intellectual midgets like the poster above, you'll find the place is pretty much like every other regional job out there. The pay isn't the greatest and all the code-shares are with companies that are in precarious positions, but I'd say that the SA/CHQ/Rep conglomerate is as secure as it gets these days, with the exception of ExpressJet.

A better question to ask, by the way, is what it's like at CHQ. For the moment a new-hire going to SA will basically be training like they were a CHQ new-hire until SA gets its' own identity... an identity that is presently muddied by the fact that SA has two distinct pilot groups and corporate cultures while the Saabs are still around. If you're hired at SA you will not get a Saab, you will get a 170.

The people I know who work at CHQ are happy with the company, so don't let the chorus of "they're whores" nimrods sway you.

What's that old addage.....Ignorance is bliss?

Good point. Everyone who works for RAH is ignorant. :rolleyes:

IP:

So who's seniority list are they on? Does a Wexford, Republic, Mid Atlantic, Freedom, Chatauqua, Shuttle America Pilot have a number? Can you cross bid? Can the CHQ guys get the left seat of the E170, or are they locked out? How do they manage this structure?

I agree that at this moment CHQ, if all these are on a list, is probably a pretty secure bet. The majors are becoming a passenger version of frieght forwarders and are letting their own narrow body operations die on the vine. CHQ is well positioned a long as they keep the growth going.

~~~^~~~ said:
So who's seniority list are they on? Does a Wexford, Republic, Mid Atlantic, Freedom, Chatauqua, Shuttle America Pilot have a number? Can you cross bid? Can the CHQ guys get the left seat of the E170, or are they locked out? How do they manage this structure?

All good questions that I can answer only in part, because I don't have their contract in front of me.

The "New Shuttle" pilots (as in the ones still flying the Saabs, which are differentiated from "Old Shuttle" pilots who flew the Dash, of which there are barely a dozen left if memory serves) are currently only on the Shuttle America seniority list. Arbitration will determine how they fit into the master CHQ seniority list, hopefully sooner rather than later for the mental and financial well-being of a number of my friends.

The 170 pilots (what I will call the "New New Shuttle") are, I think, on BOTH lists until the old SA list is integrated into the CHQ master seniority list... So they have a hire date and a number on the master CHQ list as well as a place at the bottom of the current SA list. The people flying the 170 are a mix of CHQ people (primarily the Captains and some percentage of the FO's) and people hired straight into Shuttle as FO's (but who interviewed with CHQ and were assigned to the SA 170, like a poster on here named blackpilot). Some 170's are still being flown by CHQ and CHQ crews, but little by little they're all being transferred to SA as will all new deliveries of 170's, as I understand it.

Eventually Republic will get their certificate and then there'll be the THIRD company under the RAH banner and all those pilots will come from either CHQ, SA, or the street. This doesn't take into account the perenially baffling version of events that would include RAH taking the planes (present and future options) from one or more USAir wholly-owned companies, to say nothing of how THOSE pilots would be integrated into the CHQ list should that come to pass.

The ultimate idea is that all pilots flying for RAH have to come from one list, presently known as the CHQ list. I understand that once you are on a particular airplane or a particular company you are seat-locked for two years. For instance, you can't get hired by the RAH conglomerate, get assigned to a CHQ 145, and then after nine months bid over to SA 170 seat. I believe that an FO can bid any company and/or airplane that their seniority would hold for upgrade, like a SA 170 FO could go to CHQ on the 145 for upgrade if a slot opened up and their seniority could hold it... Though that person could not, six months later, bid over to the 170 captain seat at Republic if their seniority could hold THAT... They'd have to wait for two years to pass. Similarly, if we assume that Republic will operate 170's and SA will too, a captain at SA can't cross-bid to the same seat at Republic (to get a particular base, for instance) until they spend two years in the left seat at SA... Presumably, if the 190's go to SA (which is rumored), a 170 captain at SA can't upgrade to 190 captain at SA until they spend two years in the 170. I presume this means that a CHQ 145 FO can upgrade to 190 captain if their seniority holds it.

If any of the above is wrong I hope a present CHQ pilot can set us straight.

Freedom, of course, has nothing to do with any of the above because they are an arm of Mesa Air Group. The relationship of the remaining companies in your question is as follows: Wexford Capital, LLC is majority shareholder in RAH, a publicly-held company. RAH owns CHQ and SA, and eventually Republic Airlines.

I.P. did a fairly decent job explaining the situation.

Our contract does allow a pilot to upgrade to a higher paying position, though. Lateral moves do have a 2 year seat lock but upgrades do not. An EMB145 CA can "upgrade" to an EMB170 because there is a pay increase.

Currently, there is stipulation in a new J4J agreement coming out shortly that will allow seemless movement across certificates. i.e. A Shuttle FO or CA will be allowed to go to REP for a better base. But, currently that is not allowed.

Current Airline is like this:

Republic Airways Holdings

1. Chautauqua Airlines, INC.
- US Airways Express - EMB145
- American Connection - EMB140
- Delta Connection - EMB145, EMB135
- United Express - EMB145

2. Shuttle America, INC.
- United Express - EMB170
- Delta Connection - EMB170(not yet arrived)

3. Republic Airlines(not yet certified)
- US Airways Express - EMB170(not yet arrived)

All flying from the above is done by the CHQ Master Seniority List. While it is referred to as the CHQ list, it covers all pilots at Republic Airways HOLDINGS.

Shuttle America Saab340 pilot integration is currently in arbitration and a result should be handed out shortly. US Airways/Mid Atlantic pilots will be governed by the J4J agreement.

Last edited:
how about your new call sign be "trailer"
or "tt"
you all should be flying around trash not pax.

Latest resources

Back