Any info on 3M company?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

QuasarZ

Just curious if anyone knows anything about 3M's flight department such as requirments, benefits, schedules, pay etc...

Thanks

P.s. On a side note, are coporate pilots CASS? or do they get any benefits with the airlines?

This is one of the best corporate jobs in the country. It's almost impossible to get hired there unless you are a former Navy pilot with inside connections. Good luck.

I know a guy who is a pilot for Mesaba and the nephew of a senior VP who rides on 3Ms Gulfstreams- but can't even get a callback from the powers that be at 3M. Maybe it's because he's a regional guy, who knows?

If you figure out what it takes, post it here. There's lots of people who would like to know what it takes to get a call from them.

I'd go so far to say it's impossible. Please prove me wrong.

This is one of the best corporate jobs in the country. It's almost impossible to get hired there unless you are a former Navy pilot with inside connections. Good luck.

I know a guy who is a pilot for Mesaba and the nephew of a senior VP who rides on 3Ms Gulfstreams- but can't even get a callback from the powers that be at 3M. Maybe it's because he's a regional guy, who knows?

If you figure out what it takes, post it here. There's lots of people who would like to know what it takes to get a call from them.

I'd go so far to say it's impossible. Please prove me wrong.
hmm interesting

Just curious if anyone knows anything about 3M's flight department such as requirments, benefits, schedules, pay etc...

Thanks

P.s. On a side note, are coporate pilots CASS? or do they get any benefits with the airlines?

Are they still somewhat involved with SCSU's aviation department? Back in the day we'd tour the facility once per year or so. A very hospitable organization for sure!!!!

Are they still somewhat involved with SCSU's aviation department? Back in the day we'd tour the facility once per year or so. A very hospitable organization for sure!!!!

They aren't really involved in much, but from time to time a couple of the aviaiton organizations plan a tour of a few different places and they are one of them

CASS is only available to FAA certificated Air Carriers

They aren't really involved in much, but from time to time a couple of the aviaiton organizations plan a tour of a few different places and they are one of them

QZ,

Sounds like it hasn't changed much in the ten years since I graduated.

3M and my company overlap on a few boards (as in Board of Director, not pilot chat :D) so I get to chit chat with them a few times per year. I have yet to meet a 3M pilot that didn't impress me as a good guy who would be fun to work with; a sense of humor seems to be a prereq. They are also very experienced and came from a significant flying background before coming on board at 3M. One captain told me exactly when the next new hire would be because it coincides with a retirement. I think they will retire a total of 3 pilots in the next several years so there's the hiring window......

Are you looking to go into corporate or airline when you graduate?

What's the aero club have in the hangar these days? I wonder how many SCSU people peruse these boards?

When I was the prez with the Aero Club, we had 9 aircraft... 4 152's, 3 172's and 2 Arrows.... I think it's been reduced a bit since I've graduated...

Latest resources

Back