Any help on finding this reg?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Amish RakeFight said:
That's interesting. Would an AGI be just as qualified?

Sure seems like it, doesn't it? AGI can teach ATP, Comm, Pvt groundschools, and so it seems like they could teach Instrument, but I don't know.

iflyjets4food said:
Sure seems like it, doesn't it? AGI can teach ATP, Comm, Pvt groundschools, and so it seems like they could teach Instrument, but I don't know.

The AGI allows for instrument ground instruction as well, although I 've always assumed that you would need at least a flight instructor certificate (I or II) to run the sim., but more likely the CFII. Didn't know that an IGI or AGI (without a CFI certificate) could conduct the sim and sign off on approaches for currency. Thought they could only teach ground and sign off on a written exam.

a signature in a logbook of an instument rated pilot using a FTD for currency is not worth the ink you just wasted. even if you are not current, like the amish guy said, its not a real airplane so u dont need to be. there is no reg that says to log appr. in a sim, u need an instructor. its perfectly ok to just set the sim up and practice on your own. lets say some one is current, but wants to go shoot some appr. b/c its cloudy out. they dont need an instructor to do that, right? same idea. if your not sure if ur qualified to sign someone's logbook for whatever activity, especialy if they can legaly do it on their own, its probably better for everyone involved if you didnt sign it. of course, i havent slept in 30 hours, havent instructed for almost a year, and dont know if what i typed makes any sense, so this might just be another 30 seconds of your life u'll never get back....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back