Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bloud

GO CARDS
Hi all, I am really hoping to get into the January AMS class. I was just curious if anyone has recived the nod to be in that class yet.

I'm in the January AMS class. Two of my friends are in the October class. I was given the AMS date after medical flight screening at Brooks. Good luck.

Clemson, when did your package get the okay from the bureau. I am suppossed to get the nod any time now?

How soon after you got the nod did they send you to Brooks? Just trying to figure time line.

I had all my paperwork complete and swore in October, 2001. It took me about 10 months to get approved. As soon as I got the approval they sent me to Brooks three weeks later. After getting through medical flight screening, the AMS dates came about 2 weeks later. The UPT dates also came at this time, and they tell you what plane you will fly after the T-37, or T-6.
There are 4 other candidates that started around the same time and three of us now have AMS and UPT dates. The wait really bites but it will all be worth it.
From what I have heard, the time it takes to get approved varies. I know guys who have been approved in six months and some that took over a year. The key for me was to keep bugging anybody who had any say in getting my paperwork to the right people. I think making several phone calls and visits to these people really helps.

Clemson,

I have been bugging the crap out of them and I had to get a BS wavier so now it should just about be over with. I am on my 10 month mark myself. I hope I get the nod and the January class still has open dates since it is only 2 1/2 months away. Other wise I am stuck going in march. Do you know if they will give you a AMS date before you go to brooks or is Brooks the last thing before you get a AMS date.

So where are you headed and what is your start date for UPT?

Thanks for the info, I take it you got your slot from the wing you are in.

It sounds like you're really close to getting the good news.

As for AMS, my unit told me that I could not get an AMS date until after MFS was done. We had one guy that finished AMS before MFS about a year ago but I'm not sure how he pulled that one. He is also getting a T-38 at UPT coming from a C-130 ANG unit.

I'm headed to Laughlin in March, 03 and then to Corpus Christi for the T-44. Then Little Rock for Herk school.
I'm non-prior service so I feel lucky to get an ANG UPT slot. Right place at the right time I guess. What are you going to be flying?

See you there

I'll see you all January 13th at AMS. Either of you going to LAFB on 11 APR?

Flaco

Clemson and Bloud

I interesting in knowing what is the difference between the FC1 and the MFS and if I still have to go to Brooks even if I had the FC1 done at the clinic that is run by the ANG unit that selected me? I haven't heard anything about going to Brooks. They told me that once I complete the rest of my FC1 and send in the paperwork to the Guard Bureau(no waivers), I could be at AMS in time for the May 19th class and at UPT a couple of months after.

Brooks

Winston,

Everyone goes to Brooks. It only takes 3 days, so they'll sneak you in sometime between now and AMS. At least that's what most Guard units do. I've heard of some dudes going to MFS after AMS, but I think that's rare. They want to see if you'll pass before making you an officer. And you can't go to UPT until you pass Brooks.

Flaco

Clemson, Hopefully I will join you at AMS in Jan, You too Falco.

I still want to get into that class so that would put me UPT by late spring. Hopefully!

I am going to bug the Capt down at personel today, because she said last week it should be signed off and ask her about when I have to go to MFS at brooks. I hope I can just do it after AMS.

I got a KC-135 slot here in ILL with my home unit.

What kind of info due you have on AMS? Have you heard anything from the guys that are there now?

Thanks

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back