• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any former DC-3 freightdogs out there?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i remember the ndb circle to land approach,at oshawa,ontario,lots of fun in blowing snow,the runway was 3471 ft long,great training

A buddy of mine just told me his boss/owner (Citation) called last week and said we are getting typed in a DC3 just for fun. I think its in Ga. at a place called Airline Academy or something similar.Plus you could try Google.

anyone know where, and how much a type would cost these days?

I don't know how much he would charge these days, but you can call TOLAIR in San Juan, and talk to Toledo himself, He is an APD (Or used to be anyway) for his company. As I understand, he used to take folks on actual revenue flights and do training. Who knows, chances are that the emergency won't be simulated:cool:

I'm envious of anyone who flew the DC-3. The Marine Corps had a few C-117s,modified DC-3s, left when I was in but I never got a chance to fly one.

yeah,i saw the last one at Quantico, it was based at Iwakuni till '80. Last 3 in the Corps, a Super 3.

anyone know where, and how much a type would cost these days?

probably less than 5 grand, try Dan Gryder,out of Atlanta, Academy Airlines, google him for details.

Expander tube brakes, fantastic!

Also the barrel DG's.

DC-3 freight dogging. Now THAT would be the job for me. :D

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back