Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

OPIE01

Coffee Break is over!
I was told a month ago that we should be getting our background check update forms in the mail in Feb. It is March, has any Feb 02 Interviewees recieved these forms in the mail?

The B-ground "Check's in the mail"

Opie,

I recently talked with LL and was told these updates were being mailed this week. (not using FedEx this time in the interest of saving $$).

I got the impression that they are in no big hurry to meet any sort of urgent update deadline since it doesn't sound like any Feb '02 interviewees will make it to class until 1st quarter '04 at the earliest anyhow. Apparently the 140 number of new-hires for '03 that we've been hearing is looking more and more definite as days go by.

Even with 60-70 mil call-ups, 60-65 age 60 retirements, and a net of 11 new airplanes this year, the plan now seems to crew these positions (230-250) with 140 new hires and the hope that quite a few guys will pick up open time to split the difference. It's certainly a plan that makes good business sense, but not exactly what we poolies want to hear. But given the current state of this industry, we are certainly in a very good position, even if it does mean waiting another 12 months.

Let's all keep hang'n in there.

Coop

OP

just put on the NVGs the next time you feel the need to see in the dark - how 'bout a little NVG NOE for old times sake!?!?!?!

Hang in there - we'll be smokin' & jokin' in DAL before we know it happened..........

Regards - Tred

Thanks for being upbeat

Thanks Tredding,

I just was down in the dumps because I had to put in a new $5000 Septic system in my house and I hadn't gotten the LUV package yet and I was letting my imagination wonder.

But I really do feel fortunate to be in a pool with a great bunch of dudes like y'all.

Again thanks for pep talk, it made the world or difference.

And let us all continue to pray for the Troops that have been deployed.

we are all

in this thing together, OP!

Trust me, it's not easy being up beat when you are feeling mostly beat up!!:)

Have to say, the last 14.5 months have been a great personal challange and a huge lesson in patience...... being able to re-group (a couple of times) and keep the focus on the BIG picture have not been easy!

However...... I have to trust those who have gone before us, all of my buddies are raving about where they are now, can't wait to get in line for ours!!!:p

See you soon - keep the faith, and yes - God bless our comrads in arms as they sleep another night FAR away from home....

Tred

Latest resources

Back