Any Current Alaska Interview Gouge?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Stearmandriver

Hey guys,I just got an interview with Alaska, but it's kind of short notice. I've been looking for a flying job in the NW for years so this is kind of my dream shot, but I don't have as much time as I'd like to prepare. I've searched the net for gouge on their interview, but everything I could find was pretty outdated. I was wondering if anyone has some current info to share, or if you can point me in the right direction? I'm particularly curious about the sim ride - I've heard conflicting info about them doing away with it. Does anyone know for sure if they're still doing it? If so, do you know where in the interview process it falls?Thanks a bunch for any info...

Alaska job?

Stearmandriver said:
Hey guys,I just got an interview with Alaska, but it's kind of short notice. I've been looking for a flying job in the NW for years so this is kind of my dream shot, but I don't have as much time as I'd like to prepare. I've searched the net for gouge on their interview, but everything I could find was pretty outdated. I was wondering if anyone has some current info to share, or if you can point me in the right direction? I'm particularly curious about the sim ride - I've heard conflicting info about them doing away with it. Does anyone know for sure if they're still doing it? If so, do you know where in the interview process it falls?Thanks a bunch for any info...
I have more questions, are they really hiring for more than the pool? Are you looking for a FO position, and what were the minimums? We live in PDX and I'd sell an arm not to move east..... again.....

Lollie,I'm no expert on what's going on there (though I plan to become one as soon as this trip's over), but from what I understand the pool is about drained and they're interviewing for class dates. At least, when I talked to them at the Women in Aviation conference a few months ago, that's what they told me. Of course, the HR woman also told me, "I feel for ya, man, being a white guy with no internal reccomendations... good luck getting an interview." :) I must have said something right to someone! Wish I knew what it was...Yes, I'm interviewing for an FO position. I seriously doubt they have any plans to hire into the left seat anytime soon. :)Good luck to ya. I'll post more info when I get it. I'll know a lot more in, oh, 8 days or so. And, in the meantime, if anyone else has any info or tips, PLEASE throw 'em on here!

Oh, you asked about minimums. I don't remember offhand (they're on alaskaair.com), but I have around 5800 TT, 1800 turbine PIC.

no pool

My friend was just offered a job last week, and will be in the June 5th class. He mentioned the interview was "two parts". Typical questions from two Captains and an HR rep, then several tests (strongly disagree vs strongly agree, and math/story problems). If all goes well, the second interview is with the Chief Pilot and an HR rep. He did not do a sim. Yes, he had a Silver Bullet and his on-line profile was was submitted last year.

Stearman~

I was at the WIA conference as well but am just getting started with the process. I recieved an e-mail to fill out the 23 question servey and update my info with them. I haven't seen any gouge yet, but there are a couple of other threads stating that the sim is no longer a requirement unless you are very low time or have little jet/turbine time.

If you find any gouge I would appreciate anything you can pass along - I'm just heading out on a trip myself and will start researching when I get back as well.

The only thing I have to pass along is this website: http://www.alaskasworld.com/

Good luck with everything!!

Rhino, that's cool for your friend, congrats. Thanks for the info; but geez, math tests? Think I'd rather have done the sim. ;-) Oh well, time to dust off the old Sheryl Cage books.

Altscap, that's a great site, thanks. I was wondering where I was going to dig up the complete corporate history in a week, you've solved that problem.

I just received that email and did the survey today. Have you received an interview after receiving this survey? I got real excited about the email, but I am not sure if that is going out to all who have applied or is a step before an interview call? Any answers would be appreciated thanks!?

Last edited:
I've actually had my stuff in online for probably a year and a half now. I got no email about a survey (maybe this is just the supplemental info form you fill out online?), I just got a call scheduling an interview. Dunno...

Latest resources

Back