Any COEX news?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyer7575

I used to be a faithful reader of Flyforums.com before it was password protected. I was hired and placed in the COEX pool last August and was waiting for a class date and then came 9/11. The last info I got from that forum a couple of weeks ago was that a perm bid had opened with 170 extra places on it.Any COEX pilots out there that has any info on when the real furloughees are coming back so I might be able to figure out when the "just waiting for a class date" will get called. Thanks for any replies.

Sorry Flyer 7575, there is no more news. I know that Jim Nides said there would be a schedule put out, but there is none as of yet. You have the latest news unfortunately. Hopefully when the permbid comes out there will be something good, sorry.

Its gonna be sooner than later. There are alot of continental mainline furloughed folks (70 or so) who are eligible to go to coex.

COEX News

Yeah, unfortunately it's going to be awhile....we have a lot of CAL guys that need to go back over before we start hiring again. I talked to the Chief Pilot last week and he told me that recalls might happen the first of the year but will be a slow trickle in vice a huge recall. Good luck

One of the rumors that was posted on the CALFORUMS said the following on recalls:

15 in October
14 in November
40 in December
No mentioning for 2003.

Another rumor said that 100 people will be recalled by the end of 2002, and then 100 people every 2 1/2 months.

We all just have to wait and hope for the best.

Sorry folks, I meant later than sooner from my original post.

Thanks for all the replies. Hopefully things will turn around for everyone involved.......

Flying toilet ,I got your msg.....thanks

Latest resources

Back