Any chance my instructor will demonstrate???

User546

The Ultimate Show Stopper
Total Time
+1500
I was dissapointed to have clicked on the link and the video actually work! Come on Unanswered, your slipping here! :D

Seriously though, is this the Fighter Combat guys that are based in Phoenix out of IWA? Also, anyone ever done this kind of thing before?

WIPilot

Total Time
I'd like to some day...but I'll remember to bring a sick sack with me if I ever do get to do that :p

Ill Mitch

I like my oatmeal lumpy
Total Time
31Raps
User997 said:
I was dissapointed to have clicked on the link and the video actually work! Come on Unanswered, your slipping here! :D

Seriously though, is this the Fighter Combat guys that are based in Phoenix out of IWA? Also, anyone ever done this kind of thing before?

Yea, These are the Phoenix guys.
I used to work for Air Combat USA. This stuff is fun, Puke factor was pretty high.

Thedude

Total Time
8000+
172s do really nice hammerheads

air_chompers

Total Time
Lots
User997 said:
Yes, its called UPT and its FREE!!!!!. But Though I have never done this stuff one of my buddies might get hired as a pilot there.

rvsm410

Total Time
Thedude said:
172s do really nice hammerheads
G T F O O H ! maybe I live a sheltered life but I have never seen an areobatic 172........

RightPedal

Total Time
tt r2
PA-28-160 does a nice hammerhead, and a tailslide. You got to be quick to recover from the HH so the speed doesn't get to high though. Of course I must add that I didn't do it, Nobody saw me and I promise not to do it in your airplane.

NookyBooky

Beach Bum Extraordanaire
Total Time
ha!
rvsm410 said:
G T F O O H ! maybe I live a sheltered life but I have never seen an areobatic 172........

The stress on the aircraft is very low during the actual manuever, its actually less than normal flight. I don't imagine the pull-up into it and pull-out would be a big deal in a 172 either.

For some reason though, I'm not dying to try aerobatics in a normal GA aircraft--Mr. Pitts' planes are much more fun to fly wrong side up.

Last edited: