Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

N813CA

Yeah buddy
I have the storm and was wondering what websites/programs you like to use on the Blackberry.

It's not out for storm but Flash Q/Ard! for the iPhone has been pretty cool. Limitations and systems stuff for CRJs, Embraers etc. Search iTunes for CRJ.

How can you guys afford a blackberry?

It's actually more affordable than the iPhone, especially internationally.

BTW; Is the Storm's browser any better than previous generations? Does it allow for Java script?

Yes the Storm supports Java and I am very happy with mine. You have to get the right OS installed on it though. Get at least .151 and it runs like a whole new phone.

download the browser "Bolt" it takes a bit of getting used to in terms of the clicking/just touching on links but it allows you to do a LOT more than the regular browser (i.e. I can get into my company's web site, look at my schedule and reserve jump seats, etc...)

(I have the Storm)

Of COURSE get Pandora for Blackberry (greatest thing ever) and of course Google Maps for Blackberry has gotten me out of so many jams and helped in more ways than I could ever imagine.

Check out crackberry.com for a TON of apps. I'm not big on apps since I'm cheap (as are most pilots) and most cost money and none that I've found that cost money are all that helpful. There's an up coming release of the desktop software to go with the Blackberry and that will include the ability to tether the blackberry to your laptop very easily as the First Storm has no Wifi so now when you're in a crappy hotel, you can get on the internets :)

Latest resources

Back