Any Auburn CFI's or students around??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
hindsight2020 said:
Y'all don't find that ridiculous though? And that's not PFT right? riiiiight....

I've been looking into the Auburn postings, as well as every other college CFI gig I've been able to sort through, and that has been the biggest discouragement (albeit the don't specify such quals in their job announcements). It's so ridiculous that at the end of the next academic year I could qualify to apply for an assistant professorship (in theory) position at these same departments, most of which will require me to excercise my CFI credentials on the line, commonly on a part-time basis, yet I can't get the time of day for an entry-level 20K (and less) CFI position?!? (in theory, I haven't applied). Maybe someone spiked my Kool-Aid but I can't figure out that math.

Its really not as complicated as you make it out to be. All these schools like to hire from within. If your not a grad from the school, you need to go above the mins to be considered (in this case 200 hrs dual given seems to be the mins for outsiders). Also I imagine that if you are a grad of the program, the CFI's and chief pilot would know your flying/CFIing abilities already and know if you'll work in there system.

Latest resources

Back