• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

any America West rumors??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not really the rumors I was hoping to hear.

RJs are bad, pilots flying RJs for less and less money are even worse !!

SkyWest pilots, you MUST turn down the TA.

Please don't set the new standards.

The load factors at Freedom (the certificate Mesa currently has all their 700's and 900's on) are 79.25% last week, "the highest I've ever seen them" according to JO (from the Friday, May 3 Mesa Air Group hotline).

I don't know what load factors have to be on 73's to get into the black, but it seems like HP could be making $ on these routes, even with their higher paid crews.

So there's no scope on the 900's at HP? That is disappointing news, even from the other side of the fence. :(
-Boo!

jon coqtoestone said:
Guppiedriver's answers are the same as I've heard, but I'll believe the Airbus deliveries only after they actually happen. Supposedly, there was to be no mainline growth until 2006, I think? Maybe the deliveries are to offset the loss of the two -300's we're parking? Or, the Airbuses are a rumor carrot? Even if we get those two Airbuses this year, we're still down a net of 3 mainline birds, all of them -200's, while the plans are sitting at 12 super-big "little" jets by December.

Over the last month, my personal experience load factors have been 85-90% (with three exceptions). I guess I just don't get "the big picture."

Cheers!

Yes you do get "the big picture". It's Doogie and his minions that don't!

General Lee said:
The pay at the LCC's aren't exceptional either, although Southwest's is good.

Boy, I tell ya. Some of you guys have to really do your homework on Southwest. A 12 year captain flying 80 hours a month makes about 217,000/yr. Not including stock options or profitsharing. Not too shabby for a 73.

;)

80 x 12 = 960 per year.
217000 divided by 960 = 226 per hour? sounds high unless they get a helluva perdiem check. ( but honestly I dont know what they get)

General Lee said:
Embdrvr,

This isn't a thing you should be joking about. Sure, expansion is nice, but look what the management of Skywest is trying to pull. Comair and ASA will try to follow if Skywest succeeds. Jobs at the Majors will be harder to get when they start hiring again someday, and the pay is falling at the regional level. The pay at the LCC's aren't exceptional either, although Southwest's is good. But, atleast they will be flying the 90 seaters to SEA, where they should go get some tasty chowder.

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes: :cool: ;) :p :rolleyes:

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner on this but I've been working a lot. I would have thought that the tone of my post insinuated something other than the way you perceived it. The current 90 seat payscale at Mesa blows chunks. I'd rather see those planes operated by a mainline carrier rather than be flown for those kind of rates.

EMBDRVR,

I've been working a lot too, we've been really full lately on Mainline, just like you guys I guess. Yeah, I hope the rates don't fall on those 90 seaters or we will have lower rates on our eventual 100 seaters. Fred reid said something about A318's or 737-600's etc. We want the rates to stay higher too.

Bye Bye---General Lee:cool: :rolleyes:

Hey Bigsky,

I should have given a little more detail on pay rates.

We actually get paid per trip...(dont get me started on that subject. I barely understand it myself.). 80 flt. hours is around 100 "trips" for the month. 12 yr. Ca pay is 173.00 per trip. Plus around 500$ per mo. perdiem:)

No scope to protect mainline + low wages etc at Mesa = well, you get the idea... Can you see it now?....Parker/Ornstein in 2004.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back