Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
...........duplicate

Last edited:
I think some of the (economic) factors affecting Fractional jet sales may not be affecting Avantair in the same way.

It may be a case of "Our Loss, is your gain" to some degree ... however obviously if that were totally true Avantair would be several times bigger than it is now....

Its not simply a case of market share shifting ... it is a case of Market Shrinking... but not equally in all corners. Where it appears Avantair is expanding in a shrinking market.

It would be instructive to know the distribution of trip segment lengths and geographical locations of the trips... people are taking in the P-180. For example, I would think many trips in the Northeast can be done in nearly the same time as one would in a Jet. TEB-BED ... do I really need a Gulfstream for 2 people? But IAD to BFI ... Yes I want the X or a Falcon....

My Analogy is dead on.

People will fly on an Avanti if its the only way they can afford a private flight >>> But you know the minute they get more money they are going to get back in the JET

No, your analogy is not dead on - it couldn't be more wrong. The more you talk about a plane that you have ZERO experience with the more you announce to everyone that you have no clue of what you are talking about.

You make it sound like people get on an Avanti as a last resort. People actually get on our plane for many reasons: cabin size, low cabin noise, speed, fuel efficiency, lower cost than a comparable sized jet. We hear it all the time from our customers and they are very satisfied with it. The one thing I haven't heard is someone saying, "Boy, I can't wait until I make more money so I can fly on a jet."

I don't know what your beef is with us, Raj, but it's completely unfounded. And, I agree with Glass - you are an indiot.

No, your analogy is not dead on - it couldn't be more wrong. The more you talk about a plane that you have ZERO experience with the more you announce to everyone that you have no clue of what you are talking about.

You make it sound like people get on an Avanti as a last resort. People actually get on our plane for many reasons: cabin size, low cabin noise, speed, fuel efficiency, lower cost than a comparable sized jet. We hear it all the time from our customers and they are very satisfied with it. The one thing I haven't heard is someone saying, "Boy, I can't wait until I make more money so I can fly on a jet."

I don't know what your beef is with us, Raj, but it's completely unfounded. And, I agree with Glass - you are an indiot.

You are really drinking the Koolaid. Jim Jones would have loved you!!

I have no beef with Avantair at all. With the nature of this economy you guys are doing well. Good for you!

People are gonna take the Jet every time over the turboprop if they can. Sorry man. You need to get the facts straight.

Actually,... you need to deal with the facts. Ever been inside a Citation mailing tube? It is what it is, man. Ever been inside a P180? Much bigger, and nicer. Also faster than the early Citations. Now, Citations are nice. I would consider myself extremely lucky to ride in the back of one. However, like many of our customers, I would consider myself luckier to ride in the back of a P180. It costs less, it has more room, and it is (very slightly) faster, or (very slightly) slower than the new ones. As you say, facts are facts.

Wacoflyr

Guys - its just a freaking airplane.

Let those whose ego depends on having a ducted fan bag on the Avanti as much as they want without getting wrapped up in the flamebait...

You are really drinking the Koolaid. Jim Jones would have loved you!!

I have no beef with Avantair at all. With the nature of this economy you guys are doing well. Good for you!

People are gonna take the Jet every time over the turboprop if they can. Sorry man. You need to get the facts straight.

Not only am I dealing with facts, but I am also dealing with experience. You are dealing with neither of them. You say you have no beef with us yet you take every opportunity to put us down. Sounds like you do have a beef with us. Must make you feel good to put us down like that. Good job.

Hey guys,

Don't get wrapped with in rajflyboy. He's obviously a flame baitin' d-bag and loving every second of it. There are better things to discuss on here.

Hey guys,

Don't get wrapped with in rajflyboy. He's obviously a flame baitin' d-bag and loving every second of it. There are better things to discuss on here.

Second the motion

I've never seen an airplane that needs so much "talking up" as the P-180 seems to need. Heck, it's just a plane. There are 172's Senecas, 421s, King Airs, P-180s, Citations, Lears, Hawkers, Gulfstreams (the list goes on) that are available for those with money. You can eat steak, or you can eat at Taco Bell. It depends on your budget and your taste. Personally....I hope ALL planes stay in the air.

Latest resources

Back