• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anti-gunners....chew on this

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"How do you expect to get a gun past security if we cannot get in with a pair of tweezers," has to be about the stupidest statement I have ever heard. Get a clue, if we get approval to carry weapons, we won't have to sneek them in, they will let us pass with them. I can't believe someone would say such a thing.

desert,

"hyper-scenario 2-thru the video cam you see the gang raping the fa-what do you do?"

What would yo do? Frankly, I don't open the door for nuthin'. You gonna sacrifice your crew, plane and passengers for 1 person that, as you put it, is getting "gang raped"?

bigflyer,

You got pecs......I got teks. Nothing's fair in love and war dude.

BigFlyr said:

The reason cops don't often get disarmed is because they have their weapons out in the open where they can access them very quickly, not to mention they are trained in weapons and self defense, unlike your average pilot.

I don't remember reading anywhere that the pilots piece will be concealed. Do you? Do don't remember reading anywhere that pilots will not receive training? In fact quite the opposite.

Pilots need some kind of defense against psycho Qu'ran quoting fanatics. A gun does the trick. A few well-placed caps to the head will destroy any well-planned terrorist plot. I just wonder why it took a major tragedy to get this legislation introduced and passed. It should have been done 20 years ago. Just another example of how knee-jerk legislation works.

problem

The problem with this whole senario is on the ground and not in the air.

Are we going to let the pilots carry the guns. Well there is not much enthusiasm for that part.

Second, are we going to put it in a supposedly secure box on an aircraft. Now let's see, how many cockpit keys are out there roaming around. Like no one would ever compromise this situation.

So we are either going to have a bunch of "trained pilots" walking around in terminals where they can be over powered and their weapon taken and damage done or

We are going to place guns all over the airport in these little boxes so they can be taken.

When the guy starts banging on the door, put the pedal to metal, 30 degrees nose up, pressurization off, and practive aerobatics til everyone is unconsious.

The guns nor pilots themselves are the problem, the problem comes on the ground and in the application

Re: problem

publisher said:

When the guy starts banging on the door, put the pedal to metal, 30 degrees nose up, pressurization off, and practive aerobatics til everyone is unconsious.

Oh yeah.....you betcha.....that'll be the first thing I try in my 757 at 390.

I was under the impression that the guns will be kept in the cockpit or in ops. So the security checkpoint arguments are moot.

Let's just let an F-16 shoot down the aircraft. Then the little old lady on 1A won't catch a stray bullet. Much safer.

skydiverdriver said:
"How do you expect to get a gun past security if we cannot get in with a pair of tweezers," has to be about the stupidest statement I have ever heard. Get a clue, if we get approval to carry weapons, we won't have to sneek them in, they will let us pass with them. I can't believe someone would say such a thing.

Ok... What is stupid here is not the statement but the way it was interpreted. OBVIOUSLY, if it were approved to bring guns into the cockpit, from the outside, they would not be smuggled through. HOWEVER, there would have to be a checkpoint manned by trained personnel to approve said passage of the weapon carried by the qualified, trained and certified pilot who is responsible for the safe handling of said weapon through his thourogh training in an approved training program... IT IS NOT FEASIBLE...

Here is another option... The gun is a permanent part of the aircraft... attached by cable to a readily accessible location in the cockpit and loaded with bullets that will not penetrate the fusilage or the windows. I think that would be possible... But not, every pilot out there packing a gun... Good luck trying to get a jumpseat!

Last edited:
Desert Pilot,
Scenario number 3. The Flight Attendant is getting gang raped. Suddenly a large number of other passengers on the flight help the flight crew subdue the perpetrator.

Guess what...since September 11th, every time (every time that has made the news that is) a situation has gotten out of control in the aircraft (shoe bomber, nutcase on the South American flight, etc, etc...), the PASSENGERS have stepped up and defended the aircraft. Desert Pilot, if you have any rational argument or scenario that can show us why we do not need to defend the cockpit, please let us all know. We are "dying" to hear it:confused:

Latest resources

Back