• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another win for JetBlue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey fltrplt, Maybe you can take your 737 rating and go to Southwest. Oops, wait that a T-37 (Cessna).............. Sorry Southwest guys.

Agreed, but after 16 months in business, the Airbus pay went up 20% when the profitability of the aircraft was proven. In 18 months from now, if there's no change in the 190 pay and the airplane proves to be extremely profitable, we won't need any help from the sidelines, all hell will break loose.

JB Bus Drvr said:
Hey fltrplt, Maybe you can take your 737 rating and go to Southwest. Oops, wait that a T-37 (Cessna).............. Sorry Southwest guys.

hhahah...but actually i plan to get my 737 rating one day with the Gov paying for it...dont be bitter

hhahah...but actually i plan to get my 737 rating one day with the Gov paying for it...dont be bitter

I won't be bitter. Nor will I be bitter if you took the bonus, or get a pension after 20 years with lifetime healthcare - all of which is making that T38 gig look a little more attractive than the 190 pay with a 3% matching 401K.

skykid said:
I won't be bitter. Nor will I be bitter if you took the bonus, or get a pension after 20 years with lifetime healthcare - all of which is making that T38 gig look a little more attractive than the 190 pay with a 3% matching 401K.

very true..i have no regrets :)

skykid said:

When you two quit spooning each other and assuming B6 is around for 20 more years, I'd be glad to compare compensation with you.

When you two quit spooning each other and assuming B6 is around for 20 more years, I'd be glad to compare compensation with you.

No need to compare, it is all public knowledge. I wouldn't assume any PASSENGER carrying airline will be around in 20 years, nor would I assume any profit sharing in the future. Is a 3% matching 401K correct? Obviously the plan would be to not to stay a 190 captain, but I wouldn't assume that either. Hopefully the 190 rates will improve.

Latest resources

Back