• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
aeronautic1 said:
BTW: Everytime I encouter the TSA, all I can think of is one word:

RETREAD !!

Retread or retard??

Sorry, I couldn't resist...:)

My favorite as a freelance CFI is that I'm now defined as a flight school. Perhaps since I own some closed end funds I can say I'm a multi-corporational conglomerate. If any foreign nationals want to train with me, they are going to have to pay my additional PITA paperwork fee. And I'm supposed to verifiy someone's citizenship before I train them. WTF mate?

And then there's the questionaire the local branch of the TSA sent me asking if I was registered with the DOJ, what airports did it teach at, was I an active CFI, phone numbers, emails, etc.

When I asked them under what authority they were collecting this information under, they really couldn't answer chapter and verse, just quoted the whole 'Part 1552'. She tried to tell me freelance instructors had to do alot of the stuff a school did, but could not tell me where it said that. Fact is, it doesn't per se, but in the definitions section, it defines a part 61 CFI as a flight school. Yeesh. This crap as I understand it made it in on the Vision 100 aviation legislation.

Well, I guess since CFI's make so much money and work so little, we've got time to do all this extra training, paperwork, and security screening.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back