Another TSA rant

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
aeronautic1 said:
I had no problem telling her exactly what I thought of her importance in life.

Make you feel a little better about yourself?

Let me see,

Professionalism is what?

248to2.8 said:
I was going through security at LSE and as I was putting my uniform on again for the second time that day, I noticed that my suitcase was missing. I look around and notice some screener has taken my bag without telling me, and is going through it on the otherside of the checkpoint, with his back to me, so I can't see what is going on. After the First Officer and I yelled at him a couple times for doing a random search on my bag, his supervisor came up and said that they can do whatever they want and took our names and badge numbers down. So we reciprocated and took her name, as well as the screener's name that went through my bag. I thought about asking where the $10,000 in cash went that I had in my bag, since I couldn't see what he did with my bag. What an ass. I really hate the LSE station. The airport manager is a complete ass, making up rules on any whim.

They MUST tell you they are going to search your bag. I hope the supervisor and his goon get sh1tcanned.

This just dawned on me, what if this guy/s were Muslim or Aryan Nation Jihadist, trying to STEAL pilot ID's, wings, uniforms, etc.

That's some serious stuff. With that alone you should be able to fry em.

Last edited:
had to go through security last week to get a parking pass at the airport I commute to. No problems going through security, got my pass, was leaving and put the pass in my pocket and realized I forgot that I have left my pocket knife clipped to my pocket. Interesting because the "magnetometer" never went off. Next day I'm commuting to work and the TSA wants me to take off my shoes which I wore 3 days before in uniform.....I was thinking, "you want me to take off my shoes which are airport "safe" and I walked through with a knife in my pocket on accident yesterday with noone the wiser"

they need a TSA complaint website or hotline. These scum have no oversite so they do whatever they want...there needs to be some checks and balances. They make my blood boil.

Ladies and Gentlemen, somethings I have learned in the past is always ask for a supervisor. If, that doesn't get you anywhere ask for the Federal Security Directors phone number. See if he or she can help you get your problem solved at your airport. Most problems that I have been reading from the threads above is about what happens everywhere and what it is mostly is due from the fact that TSA at different airports derive their Ops policies different than the others. The most common problem I run into is the I.D. thing. Even though its Homeland Security compliant, some airports want a boarding pass if not in uniform, that too is wrong. Shoes if you know there is no metal are not required to be taken off. If you have a union check with your security officer to help get things solved, if not may call a Senator. Happy Landings!

My crew went to the upstairs security checkpoint at LAX terminal 7 (united) and they said that crewmembers can't use that checkpoint, they have to use the one on the west end of terminal 7. WTF?? Now we can't even pick the checkpoints we can go thru? After my captain went off on them, we went thru. I forgot to take some change out of my pocket so I took it out, put it in a dish and handed it to the screener. He said it had to go thru the x-ray machine. They really need to x-ray my change?

TSA Screening

Thousands Standing Around

Yeah, when they ask me to unbuckle my belt I like to look them square in the eye and say, if you want me to unzip my zipper, you have to give me a kiss first."

And then there is the after swipe of the wand near my genitels where I exclaim, "thank God I am not wearing my IUD!!"

Try these, you like them.

aeronautic1 said:
Thousands Standing Around

Yeah, when they ask me to unbuckle my belt I like to look them square in the eye and say, if you want me to unzip my zipper, you have to give me a kiss first."

And then there is the after swipe of the wand near my genitels where I exclaim, "thank God I am not wearing my IUD!!"

Try these, you like them.

Too Stupid for Arbys

Taxpayers Screwed Again

In BOS about a month after 9-11 gotta say it was before TSA dribbled down someone's leg, a screener confiscated 4 laptop computers because, "You can control a airplane with these, I know, I saw it on a movie last night." with a loud shrill voice. After a second of dead silence the whole place roared with laughter.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back