• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another SWA proposal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Seriously, Sonny. Google Bond/McCaskill and read it for comprehension. It SWA takes 50% of the ASSETS of AAI, they have to integrate the seniority lists.

That means gates, other employees, ground handling equipment, etc. not just pilots.

The God King has no choice unless he wants to run AAI as a subsidiary and that runs counter to everything he's said about growth, market and business plan.

Pull the Kool-Aid IV out of your arm. You guys don't even run it through your digestive tracts anymore. You lose the ability to process it for the crap it is.

It seems maybe you aren't even comprehending what you post. IF SWA takes 50% of the AT assets then yes they are required to integrate per B/M (for the record still untested). So if SWA sells off 50%, i.e. all the 717's, then they are not required to follow B/M. Since there are approx 86 of the 717's and 50 something 737's that sure looks like less than 50%.

SLC
:cool:

When this is all said and done, I may require surgery to repair the flat spot on my head from beating my head on the wall. I think I have dain bramage.

Just a light hearted joke !!

Just remember...SWAPA didn't do this to you. Although some of us tried to let you know what management MIGHT do, we don't have the power to make it happen the way it did. Once you are onboard, management will treat you as one of us. Until then, not so much.

I don't know what the list looks like but I sincerely do hope it all works out and every one of you ends up on our list. We'll remain a very strong company (as we've always been) and I predict your job as a SWA pilot will be enjoyable and secure no matter how it all shakes out.

shootr

Trust me. Us AirTran guys are starting to get it. Tail between the legs. Looking forward to being part of SWA.

When this is all said and done, I may require surgery to repair the flat spot on my head from beating my head on the wall. I think I have dain bramage.

Just a light hearted joke !!

Best of luck to all of you. I hope that your careers turn out better than mine. On furlough for >7 years and counting after being hired in Jun 00.
I've survived and thrived but it hasn't always been easy. Until you've slept in your car or a storage unit, you won't understand how bad things can get - been there done that. And it could've gotten a lot worse for me.

It seems maybe you aren't even comprehending what you post. IF SWA takes 50% of the AT assets then yes they are required to integrate per B/M (for the record still untested). So if SWA sells off 50%, i.e. all the 717's, then they are not required to follow B/M. Since there are approx 86 of the 717's and 50 something 737's that sure looks like less than 50%.

SLC
:cool:

Not to split hairs, but the 51% rule does not reference airframes, it is in regards to assets/ common stock. Different threshold, but probably even more easily skirted.

Not to split hairs, but the 51% rule does not reference airframes, it is in regards to assets/ common stock. Different threshold, but probably even more easily skirted.

It has much more to do with integrating craft and class than it does the percentages. The % only has to do with whether the transaction is a "covered transaction" or not. The combination of craft in class is what causes the statute to apply or not.

(BTW, Lear and PCL are noticably absent. Guess they're finally "getting it".)

No, I'm still here Flycatcher, and I still think we should be going to arbitration. I just don't see any need to argue incessantly about it on Flightinfo.

Just remember...SWAPA didn't do this to you. Although some of us tried to let you know what management MIGHT do, we don't have the power to make it happen the way it did. Once you are onboard, management will treat you as one of us. Until then, not so much.

I don't know what the list looks like but I sincerely do hope it all works out and every one of you ends up on our list. We'll remain a very strong company (as we've always been) and I predict your job as a SWA pilot will be enjoyable and secure no matter how it all shakes out.

shootr

Thanks shootr. SWAPA could go a long way bringing both pilot groups together by negotiating to avoid "B" scale wages for the 717 pukes when the time comes.

No, I'm still here Flycatcher, and I still think we should be going to arbitration. I just don't see any need to argue incessantly about it on Flightinfo.

Go to arbitration then. Start a grass roots campaign to vote no over there. Seriously, it might work out better for you.

Latest resources

Back