Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

another SWA commercial during sports programs..... to see over and over and over

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Minus 1 pt for the Airtran jet being parked at gate 29 and the rampers standing next to gate 41. How are those 2 gates next to each other?

Yeah, like those commercials that United.....wait.....I mean that Delta.....no. Hey, come to think of it, I don't see any other airlines running commercials at all. Guess SWA is just stupid all the way around; they're running commercials when all the other airlines just sit on their butts and wait for people to book flights. Yeah, the other airlines must be run by geniuses.

It's a funny thing when you carry the most revenue miles....people just buy tickets....no need to air jackhole commercials every two minutes during the tourney....

but SWA is profitable, so it must be the commercials right? or is it they cherry pick routes and have a route structure with only what...60 cities?

Oh nevermind....at least nobody asks me if I ever wanted to fly for a big airline

Last edited:
The adds are working. SWA has picked up an additional 1% market share (mostly due to bags fly free). That is about $800M.
Not sure of the significance of the Airtran jet though. I am sure the marketeers have a plan. Go March Madness.

oooooo 1%?...... damn the haters!

Don't forget all the extra money sw saves in training costs by having their employees pay for training, and saving on all those maint. costs that has them in the news.

And let’s don't forget that they made a profit in 37 straight years and did not make their employees eat a 42% pay cut and pony up their retirements. I will say again, oh most ignorant one, it’s not pay for training, its meeting the minimum requirements for the job. Sorry you are a failure. (not really)

I don't know of any SWA employee who has EVER paid for training. Unlike some airlines the pilots get paid while in training including their hotels. Always been a full blown 6 to 8 week training regime too, no shortcuts.

If you are talking about getting the 737 type -- small potatoes considering the long term benefit. Just another requirement like an ATP is. No furloughs, no downgrades, the best job security in the industry, good schedules, adequate layovers for rest, one of the lowest rates for health insurance compared to other airlines, a wide choice of bases, and compared to pay rates at other airlines the money for the type rating (an investment) is recouped in VERY short order. F/O's in their 3rd year making $125,000 without even trying hard. Captains making $230,000 and more if they want. You really think $8,000 for a type matters to these guys?

Maintenance issues? Every airline gets nailed now and then. Often a matter of intepretation of the rules.

Your jealousy of not working there is showing.

And let’s don't forget that they made a profit in 37 straight years and did not make their employees eat a 42% pay cut and pony up their retirements. I will say again, oh most ignorant one, it’s not pay for training, its meeting the minimum requirements for the job. Sorry you are a failure. (not really)

You can say it again and again oh pft one who didn't get hired one!
The pft program is just a minor thing in the whole scheme of the way they do business. The FAA is finally cracking down on them for their shabby maint. program.
It's about time the government looks at these cowboys!
BTW, how's the job at swa working out for ya?:laugh::laugh:

Last edited:
I like your name Scope out RJs....I guess SWA was the only one smart enough to do that...how do you feel about that issue?

I like your name Scope out RJs....I guess SWA was the only one smart enough to do that...how do you feel about that issue?

Don't try to bother that guy with real issues. He's too busy polishing the hub caps on his italian U-Boat Commander jacket, or maybe watching Love Boat re-runs.

Latest resources

Back