• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Another side job thread...

ILLINI

Total Time
++++
I know this question has come up before, but as I searched the board, I found that most of the previous threads on this subject were geared towards the 121 regional airline pilot.

I am a 135 charter pilot that spends the entire week and an occasional weekend on call. What side jobs do some of you on-call pilots have? I think substitute teaching, bartending or waiting tables etc. would be difficult to work while on call because there will be occasions when i'm called and have to be at the airport within an hour. Does anyone know of any jobs that would allow you to work them on your own schedule and leave if and when you get called? Maybe something you can do out of your own home???

I'd appreciate the advice!

Glideslope!

Total Time
++
a job 4 U

You could probably try Flight Instructing. I know a couple of guys at a large flight school that could hook you up! But you gotta move fast because our may classdates were canceled and we ain't leavin! :) BTW I heard from a friend of mine not to fly through thunderstorms anymore. DM