Another salary question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

timmay

Does anyone have the 2008 numbers for a Challenger 604 CP in the Southeast (91 and 135)? Thanks in advance.

NBAA 2008 numbers; no breakout of type and location...

Jet III (20k<45k MTOW) Chief Pilot Base Salary

Average: $113,635
Median: $114,000
First Quartile (25%): $95,000
Third Quartile (75%): $130,000

Jet IV (45<80k MTOW) Chief Pilot Base Salary
Average: $141,602
Median: $139,000
First Quartile: $126,000
Third Quartile: $160,000

Jet II (10k<20k MTOW) Chief Pilot Base Salary
Average: $93,178
Median: $91,000
First Quartile (25%): $78,000
Third Quartile (75%): $105,000

Whats with some of these guys in the corporate world! Are you really a Cheif Pilot if you "manage" a one plane operation that rarely ever flies??? Do you guys just call yourself that because it sounds cooler to the chicks???

Whats with some of these guys in the corporate world! Are you really a Cheif Pilot if you "manage" a one plane operation that rarely ever flies??? Do you guys just call yourself that because it sounds cooler to the chicks???

"Whats with that?"....:0

well, Im not for gimmicky titles..."Director of Training" for example (the guy who calls FlightSafety and craves to be a manager, but isn't?)...

BUT....if being the "Chief Pilot" bumps you up 20-50K in the salary department? - ya, I'd call myself that. Most salary surveys DO reflect that title change.

keep in mind - an extra 20-50k DOES go further when it comes impressing the chiks....;)

Last edited:
I just think it is rediculous to call yourself something you're not! A Cheif Pilot is in charge of an entire flight department with multiple planes and crews, not just a one plane operation! Let's say I decide to start to call myself Ron Jeremy, does that mean that I'm going to get tons of chicks all of a sudden? Probably not!

Last edited:
I see one of the many resident Regional board trolls has made her way over to the Corporate board...

Latest resources

Back