• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another reason to drive

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wonder what they'll do with those 1650 firearms they've confiscated? Perhaps an auction? If there's an H&K USP .45 I'd like to bid.

''Attitude'' is listed among the ''aggravating factors'' that can result in a fine. Other criteria include the type of item, evidence of a passenger's intent and history of previous violations. Civil penalties now range from $250 to $10,000
Why fine passengers if the attitude of the TSA is aggravating?

I hate the TSA more and more each day....

Nothing but a bunch of otherwise unemployable dregs in uniform.

When we have an unruly pax on a flight - they get a warning first for crying out loud before we start taking action.

Here, its an automatic fine - with no prenotice - where the he11 is the due process in that? I hope that congresscritter's hearings are successful, and they get their fine schedule shoved right up their arse.

I wonder what the fine for a good "kiss my arse" would be?

I really hate those guys...

I had a pewter arrowhead shaped tie clip in my carry-on last week when flying from DEN to SFO. Im not sure which was worse the fact that they didnt see the 1 inch solid ARROWHEAD shaped piece of metal(its clearly defined, almost comically) or the llok of terror on the two x-ray operators when they discovered it...

"...Gulp...Um..Sir, can we..look in you bag....?"

I started laughing immediately when they found it, as I had forgotten it was in there. then they let me keep it.

Jerks

I was deadheading to work on a passenger carrier. All I had was my flight bag...and I happen to carry a Leatherman in my flight bag...and I forgot to take it out.

Get this.

I make it through the x-ray but I get singled out for "additional screening" due to my one-way non-rev ticket. I suppose not checking any bags just made it worse...

So anyway, the TSA chick is riffling through my stuff and she makes some comment about my Jepps and headsets and that I must be a pilot. I congratulate her (with no attitude) on her perceptive prowess and confirm the name of the company I work for...

...and then she finds my Leatherman.

Long story short: Flight is late, no time to mail it to myself; ticket agent won't agree to hold it for me; no container to gate-check it.

Finally I give-in. "Keep it."

So I abandon my $60 multi-purpose tool with my name engraved and I'm thinking, "I'll be back..."

When I got back the next day I went straight to security and talked to the airport police guy that guards the x-ray area.

I explain what happened and asked if he'd seen a Leatherman with my name engraved on it--shouldn't be hard to miss...

Sure he'd seen it; in the patrol car. The cops can just keep whatever gets left behind.

So if you were to ask me about the 1650 guns that have been confiscated nationwide I would be very surprised to know that every single one of them is still accounted for...

...things that make you go, Hmm.

TSA, they found my carrot pealer! I had to give it up. I wonder if some cop is peeling his carrot somewhere in a dark alley?

Wankel

D Cell

We got a voicemail from our company a few days ago regarding the TSA and D Cell mag flashlights. It said that "AT SOME AIRPORTS" the TSA is confiscating D cell mag flashlights because they can be used as a weapon. So I had to change the one in my flight case to a "c" cell since I don't check my flightbag.

"T"hose "S"tupid "A"holes!

Latest resources

Back