Another Question for Alaska Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LittleDeuce

Aside from the "no nicotine" requirement, I heard Alaska will not consider you for employment if you have been fired from a job or had an accident or incident.

Any truth to this?

No smoking room please...

Alaska will nicotine test you as part of the drug screening. If I recall correctly, all interview candidates get the drug screen - it is not a "good sign" that you take the whiz quiz.

They will ask you if you have used tobacco in the last 6 months. They will test you. Guess what happens if you turn up positive...

I have no idea where they stand in regards to being fired from a previous job. I would imagine that they would look at each individual case.

I know for a fact that they have hired people who have had an accident or incident. Again, I believe that they look at each person's individual case.
Good luck.

Alaska Update?

My Silver Bullet was submitted by a senior Captain in mid-spring of '02. He learned later that Alaska was only processing the Silver Bullets that were submitted prior to 9/11 as they didn't want candidates who were applying to Alaska simply because it was the only major airline hiring. One would think that they would eventually work their way through the pre-9/11 S.B.s and move on to the post-9/11s. Does anyone know anything about this?

I walked in an app. for a buddy back in August and he just interviewed about 2-3 weeks ago

Latest resources

Back