Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bigbenno

The Dude....
I have an interview on the 11th... looking forward to it....

If hired, will it be easy to get DTW for a base, and how long would it take to hold a line out of that base?

I have also heard several different answers to this ?... how long is upgrade time if I were to get hired this month?

Thanks for the info.... hopfully I will get an offer and see some of yall online

Congrats man, hope you get the job!!

Nice horse!! ;) In case you didn't notice there's a horse in your avatar!

For those hopefuls who are seeking a decent job with an ok airline, Pinnacle is an ok company. The pay is not great but the company is going to be around for the next few years. For those of you who are new in this airline world, Pinacle has been around for twenty years and they have been growing almost every year and been profitable every year. There are some great airlines and there are very bad ones. Pinnacle is an ok airline. The paychecks are always on time
For those who wish to be hired at Pinnacle right now please be informed that there will be more airplanes coming. The carrot is being held as negotiations are worked through. This is fact. Just some inside information.
The hiring critera is now more difficult however there is an organization in memphis that helps candidates to be prep'd for this hiring process. I have heard lot of good things about them. They can be reached via email at mempilotinterviews.com. Give them a shot. The last class of interviewees was for ten people and only 2 were hired. Those 2 had been prep'd by the above mentioned
Have a great 4th...........PEACE

Last edited by a moderator:
manitoba said:
For those who wish to be hired at Pinnacle right now please be informed that there will be more airplanes coming. The carrot is being held as negotiations are worked through. This is fact. Just some inside information.

Well here is some outside information. I have been at Mesaba for 7 1/2 years and this is what I saw happen. I interviewed in summer of 97, express was getting kicked out of MSP and shoved down to MEM, while the next 2-3 yrs Mesaba grew with new saabs and Avros, and opened a base in MEM, imagine that. Mesaba got close to starting contract neg. and it hit the skids for the next five years. "New planes are coming" what a joke. They started that with us in the first few YEARS of the neg.'s then it turned into we are parking the Avro's and early retiring some of the saabs. Many of us were use to the growth and it was hard for us to go through this moral busting period. Now we were the bastard children. At this same time Express grew like crazy, and opened a base in DTW and MSP(again, imagine that). After years of neg.'s, here we are again. Mesaba is growing and Pinnacle(Express) is in contract neg.'s and they are getting their 139 plane in sept. and the YEARS of neg. are rolling. No matter how much the pilots give or take, no matter how much Man. gives or takes, it will be years, and Man. will continue to try to beat down the pilots. NWA calls the shots at Mesaba and Pinnacle, its their baggage handling, ticket sales, advertising, flight schedules, FUEL, glycol...Everything. They tell us where we will eat sleep and SH!T. People can think they will break away from the mother ship, IT WON"T HAPPEN! Take a guess what the next few years at Pinnacle will be like.

Your upgrade will be 5-6 years, if you get hired today. BUT, after all that has been said, it is better than being a CFI, really nice planes, a good paycheck and I agree that they will be around for a long time. To the Pinnacle guys, I hope you do well in your neg.'s, hold tight it is going to suck, when it comes time, I'll walk laps with you guys anytime.

Manitoba, if you want people to contact you for interview consultations you might want to include a valid email address.

They can be reached via email at mempilotinterviews.com

You wont have any problems getting DTW. Its probably the most junior base. Sitting reserve, i am not sure exactly how long, but i know its going to be very short. You may get a line right away. As far as getting more jets, I wouldnt count on it. After out last jet in August, we dont plan on getting more.MEsaba has the nex 30from mainline. So if you only reason for coming here was a quick upgrade, like people were getting a couple years ago, you can kiss that idea goodbye.

good luck on your interview.

manitoba said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I think I wet myself!

Do a search for "fact" and "inside information" and you can come up with Gulfstream is buying FedEx and converting all the MD-11's to fire bombers. (It's a fact!)

Pinnacle pilots, I'm betting, are going to fight hard for this next contract for some improvements that they deserve. I don't think it will be over any time soon. Good luck.

manitoba said:
For those hopefuls who are seeking a decent job with an ok airline, Pinnacle is an ok company. The pay is not great but the company is going to be around for the next few years. For those of you who are new in this airline world, Pinacle has been around for twenty years and they have been growing almost every year and been profitable every year. There are some great airlines and there are very bad ones. Pinnacle is an ok airline. The paychecks are always on time
The hiring critera is now more difficult however there is an organization in memphis that helps candidates to be prep'd for this hiring process. I have heard lot of good things about them. They can be reached via email at mempilotinterviews.com. Give them a shot. The last class of interviewees was for ten people and only 2 were hired. Those 2 had been prep'd by the above mentioned
Have a great 4th...........PEACE

HAHAHAHAHA....who are you? A Northwest guy trying to start up there own TAB Express.

And the part about "inside information" You are a fool.

Monster Buck said:
manitoba said:

Well here is some outside information. I have been at Mesaba for 7 1/2 years and this is what I saw happen. I interviewed in summer of 97, express was getting kicked out of MSP and shoved down to MEM, while the next 2-3 yrs Mesaba grew with new saabs and Avros, and opened a base in MEM, imagine that. Mesaba got close to starting contract neg. and it hit the skids for the next five years. "New planes are coming" what a joke. They started that with us in the first few YEARS of the neg.'s then it turned into we are parking the Avro's and early retiring some of the saabs. Many of us were use to the growth and it was hard for us to go through this moral busting period. Now we were the bastard children. At this same time Express grew like crazy, and opened a base in DTW and MSP(again, imagine that). After years of neg.'s, here we are again. Mesaba is growing and Pinnacle(Express) is in contract neg.'s and they are getting their 139 plane in sept. and the YEARS of neg. are rolling. No matter how much the pilots give or take, no matter how much Man. gives or takes, it will be years, and Man. will continue to try to beat down the pilots. NWA calls the shots at Mesaba and Pinnacle, its their baggage handling, ticket sales, advertising, flight schedules, FUEL, glycol...Everything. They tell us where we will eat sleep and SH!T. People can think they will break away from the mother ship, IT WON"T HAPPEN! Take a guess what the next few years at Pinnacle will be like.

Your upgrade will be 5-6 years, if you get hired today. BUT, after all that has been said, it is better than being a CFI, really nice planes, a good paycheck and I agree that they will be around for a long time. To the Pinnacle guys, I hope you do well in your neg.'s, hold tight it is going to suck, when it comes time, I'll walk laps with you guys anytime.

True class. Thanks man. I walked with you XJ'rs in '01. Thanks for the support.

Rook

Latest resources

Back