Another Pinnacle ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dove tailingoff of Monster Buck and Rook,

Control Freaks, I mean pilots, have big ego's. And when management dangles that carrot and says we need this from the the pilots and that from the pilots in order to get a second certificate, or more planes.... Pilots are more than willing to dupe themselves into thinking it is thier repsonsibility to get that new certificate or more jets....

Rule #1. Air Line Pilots do not run airlines!!

The snake oil salesman, I mean management, will sell the pilots what they want to hear....

Well, there are suckers born every second........ get too many of them and they just might be a pilot group.

If a pilot thinks that management really needs the pilots to execute thier business plan, especially with NWA calling all the shots, he's still on probation, or still has his temp certificate with his first and only type rating.

Welcome to labor relations kid.......

i am so confused by all of this, so i am just going to go interview and see what happens. The way i look at it, its better than teaching instrument approaches over and over and over again.

Chicago, it IS better than instructing... most days... as long as you don't get stuck on reserve for years to come. Pinnacle just has a LOT of labor relations problem that all center on the fact that management doesn't CARE about their employees. We are a "necessary evil", a cost that must be controlled, and that's IT.

Just don't come here expecting your dream job or Southwest attitudes from management, and don't "screw your buddy" during negotiations just 'cause you want to upgrade and you'll be just fine here.

Good luck on the interview!

Simon Says said:
HAHAHAHAHA....who are you? A Northwest guy trying to start up there own TAB Express.

And the part about "inside information" You are a fool.

I'm a dork and should have logged out last-time.

This quote of your really does fit you...very well..I might add

Chicagopilot22 said:
i am so confused by all of this, so i am just going to go interview and see what happens. The way i look at it, its better than teaching instrument approaches over and over and over again.

Chipilot,

Don't concern yourself with inner politics. I had to offer a perspective for the insiders. Too many of my fellow pilots take on the sheep mentality.

Interview. Get hired. You will be welcomed into the group. Enjoy the jet.

yes

Yeah, i don't think its a dream job or anything like that, I just know its time for me to move on from my current job, and there are so many regionals out there and in my opinion the best one is the one that offers me a job. In every career you are going to have to sacrifice for the first 5 years of your career anyways.

Rook said:
True class. Thanks man. I walked with you XJ'rs in '01. Thanks for the support.

Rook

I hope most of you folks at Pinncale know that although we have some tools at Mesaba (the whole 'my football team is better than your football team' attitude), most XJers like and fully support our 9E brothers. You guys can count on a lot of support from us. I, for one, will be walking the line with you guys when the time comes and so will a lot of others.

ok now we are talking about strikes, can someone let me know when this is going to happen, should i bring a picket sign to the interview?

Rez O. Lewshun said:
Dove tailingoff of Monster Buck and Rook,

Control Freaks, I mean pilots, have big ego's. And when management dangles that carrot and says we need this from the the pilots and that from the pilots in order to get a second certificate, or more planes.... Pilots are more than willing to dupe themselves into thinking it is thier repsonsibility to get that new certificate or more jets....

Rule #1. Air Line Pilots do not run airlines!!

The snake oil salesman, I mean management, will sell the pilots what they want to hear....

Well, there are suckers born every second........ get too many of them and they just might be a pilot group.

If a pilot thinks that management really needs the pilots to execute thier business plan, especially with NWA calling all the shots, he's still on probation, or still has his temp certificate with his first and only type rating.

Welcome to labor relations kid.......

Learned well you did the lessons of corpex...
guess what?

We're getting another SAAB story! For more
unprofitable EAS markets!

Some things never change...

Good luck guys and gals, you'll really need it.
Heed you my young apprentice the lessons of
those that have gone before...powerful and
seductive is the call of the Dark Side...

Stay out of the frelling Blue Kool-aide!

hehehe...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back