• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another MU-2 Goes down

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Kinda quick on the draw there, bandit; don'cha think? Are you a TV reporter?

Axel said:
Quick on the draw? He just posted a news article about an MU-2 that nosedived and crashed in woods, killing two people.

It's not like he said the pilot(s) were behind the eight ball or anything like that.

FN FAL said:
Quick on the draw? He just posted a news article about an MU-2 that nosedived and crashed in woods, killing two people.

It's not like he said the pilot(s) were behind the eight ball or anything like that.

"...another MU-2 has cost more lives..."

Coulda been anything; coulda been hit by a meteor. Pretty quick on the draw to state that the airplane cost the lives.

20,000ft in one minute? Wheres the wing in that picture?

Axel said:
What did I say that was inaccurate? An MU-2 crahsed and people died. That is all I meant by it.

I was on the way back to Daytona from Gainesville when he crashed...I dont think it was weather related, very smooth and marginal VFR in the area. There were cells with tops to FL450 about 20 miles south, but not where he was.

I heard the Daytona controller talking to the C130 looking for it, asking if they were picking up the ELT. They said they were hearing it intermittently, I didnt hear it at all.

Kinda scary, he ended up about 5 miles from my flight path at the same time I was there...

Bandit60 said:
What did I say that was inaccurate? An MU-2 crahsed and people died. That is all I meant by it.

You said that "another MU-2 has cost lives." That is quite different than saying "an MU-2 crashed and people died." You said an MU-2 killed people, again. Shall we put it on trial? Is it manslaughter or premeditated murder?

I'll leave the "widowmaker" debate about this airplane to its vocal defenders and detractors, if they feel like starting that "tastes great/less filling" shouting match. I'll blow it off as soon as it degenerates into that just like I did last time the opposing camps started shrieking at each other.

It is entirely possible that some fundamental design fault was responsible for this accident, but that is not known. It is equally possible that there are people buying them and flying them who should not be trusted with electric can openers, much less a high performance turboprop. All these MU-2 accidents may merely be the predictable outcome of trying to match not enough pilot with too much airplane. That is not known either.

For you to announce that "another MU-2 has cost lives" in the absence of any information other than a TV news broadcast is anything but a statement of the facts. Indeed it is equally sensationalistic to the TV news reporters whose ignorance of the facts we so love to mock.

Latest resources

Back