Another MOU agreed to at US Airways, if you believe it

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Da. . . .

No Turtle, the NIC is not dead. It was legal, and will stand eventually. The AA creditors want a pilot deal first, and Parker will probably tell USAPA no pay raise and no merger without the NIC in place. If he didn't care, he would have said so by now. He has hoped you would resolve it yourselves, but the Westies have nothing to lose, and it will only get better for them, they have their numbers already via the NIC. I think you will be very upset.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I see that kinder, gentler thing worked out well for you. Please tell me in 16,000 posts or less how this in any way, shape or form affects a superior "Delta" pilot like yourself.

DON'T quote genital in my friggin' thread!

Thank you!

Ignore list - how does it work?

IT DOESN'T

I see that kinder, gentler thing worked out well for you. Please tell me in 16,000 posts or less how this in any way, shape or form affects a superior "Delta" pilot like yourself.

You'll also realize that general lee (spelled in lower case purposely) not also loves to rub his nose into other people's (dirty) business (or regional forum) and gossip about it like South American or European housewives on a busy street market, but also will distract you whenever you scratch the surface of his mighty airline. Am still waiting for his response how his superior airline treated the WA and PA pilots irrespectively whether it was before his time or not.

Other than that I agree with Tweaker. Not worth your time.

Notice I gave an opinion, without the sharp jabs. That is what I meant by the kinder, gentler me. I still believe the Westies will prevail, primarily because they did it the right way, legally. If that makes you mad, then I am sorry. But, fulfilling your obligation is important in life, and if your group did agree to something beforehand, it is best to follow through. It's honorable. Don't sign up for it if you don't intend to honor it.

And how does this affect me? If groups agree to something and then disagree and disregard it, it affects EVERYONE in this industry. How can you not see that?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
You'll also realize that general lee (spelled in lower case purposely) not also loves to rub his nose into other people's (dirty) business (or regional forum) and gossip about it like South American or European housewives on a busy street market, but also will distract you whenever you scratch the surface of his mighty airline. Am still waiting for his response how his superior airline treated the WA and PA pilots irrespectively whether it was before his time or not.

Other than that I agree with Tweaker. Not worth your time.

Why are you angry? As far as how the airline treated the WA and PA guys, the WA guys did lose some seniority, but WA was smaller than DL, and that tends to happen with different sized airlines. US East got the top 500 slots with the NIC, giving credit for the INTL flying they did vs AWA. But, NIC supposedly told your side he wasn't comfortable with DOH, and to work it out. It doesn't sound like your guys did that. As far as Pan Am went, I flew with one of those guys a few months ago to Paris. He said it was an asset sale, and that the airline continued to fly on its own after the sale of Europe routes, the Pan Am Shuttle, etc. Those guys didn't have to go to Delta, they could have bid to stay at Pan Am until the end. How does any of that relate to your side not accepting a binding award you agreed to beforehand? Please answer.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
So when do we see this MOU? When does the merger become official?

That is the $25,000 question. All I know for sure is the NDA expires at the end of the month so my best guess is that is when we see the MOU. As for the second part of the question, It will come down to when the AMR creditors take a vote on which business plan they wish to pursue. They were suppose to vote on the Jan. 9th but it looks like Horton got it pushed back 3 weeks to more closely correspond with the NDA running out. He needed more time to pack his golden parachute. So I guess we all get to stand by to stand by.

If Parker is such a prize, why don't his financial backers just dump a ton of money into US and let it use it's cost advantage to put a whippin' on the competitors? They're gonna have to pour plenty into AA and there's no guarantee that it won't become so topheavy that it is unable to compete, especially in a downturn.

Conversely, why don't the UCC members drum up more financial support for a stand-alone AA that snuffs out US and buys the assets at auction?

You seem too emotional to have an objective perspective. Its a shame really.

Too emotional? That's funny coming from an eastie.

Just like a deer in the headlights aren't you? Ahhhhhhh, this is going to be so cool to watch. LMAO

Latest resources

Back