Another Mesaba MEC victory.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bri5150

Sounds like there is an LOA to extend the MOU guys in their current position and not lose their Mesaba DOH and longevity/sick pay/vacation. They have the choice to come back to Mesaba if they would like to as well. Now, let's get this thing signed and get the list out so we can all move on.

:beer:

How is capitulating to management considered a victory?

This is why we have so many issues. All 3 MEC chairs and the JNC worked with this. All 3 get all the credit.

This is why we have so many issues. All 3 MEC chairs and the JNC worked with this. All 3 get all the credit.

Well, apparently from previous posters, nobody get's credit since letting the guys have choices and keeping their longevity, vacation, and all that stuff is "capitulating" to management. I guess I don't see the negative. Can someone enlighten me? :confused:. Maybe we should just act like congress and "want" the opposite of what our opposing party wants. Your probably right, maybe we should have screwed our guys just to stick a bigger bill to management just because...

p.s. I apologize. I thought it was just a Mesaba MEC thing. I didn't know Pinnacle's MEC was looking out for Mesaba pilots. :p

Last edited:
I was at Mesaba almost 10 years ago now. The MEC was "winning" back then, they've been "winning" every year since and it is still a low paid job. Can someone define "winning" for me?

Can someone define "low paying" for me? At the very least we are industry average. Considering we went through shamruptcy, I would consider that "winning", yes. I would consider the SLI "losing" though. Not much they could do about that I guess.

I think you need to change the title of this thread. I don't feel like my (xj) mec won anything for me. Losing 550 spots in the sli, they would have to do a lot of winning for me to be back to even!!

Well, the original post was pre-SLI. I truly don't blame the Mesaba MEC for this. I am not sure what else they could have done. I feel about Mr. Bloch the same I felt about Mr. Spanjers five years ago. As I said before, at least give SOME credit for DOH within my category instead of the 100% screwjob.

I am I mssing something or didn't the arbritrator use DOH within each category? I was under the impression he did but poeple keep saying he did not. I thought if you fell into the second category the reason you were pushed down is becasue 9E hired did way more hiring in 2001 time frame than XJ did?

Latest resources

Back