Another MEC Chair recall at legacy XJT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FightingIrish

The legacy XJT MEC has recalled their Chairman again. Is that the third or fourth time in about as many years? Hard to keep track of what the kids are doing over there.

I actually dont think we have had one recalled before now. The last guy(before this one) resigned after he was accused of steeling from us(and was later found to be true that he was steeling from us, although in a legal, although unethical way if that makes sense), then we had the previous MEC chair come on temporarily, then the guy that just got recalled was elected. At least I think thats how it worked, but I may have missed a guy in the middle there somewhere. So basically the last 2 havent made it through their full terms, but this is the first recall that I am aware of and I have been here since 06.

Our group is pissed off though because the MEC/LEC hasnt said WHY the guy was recalled and replaced and if they dont put out something soon I wouldnt be surprised to see a movement to recall EVERYBODY.

What Rjacobs said. No recalls before now that I know of and I've been here since 2005.

But this is the 5th Chairman in 2 years, but who is counting?

WTF are you talking about.

My dates are probably not correct.

1-BD was there until 2009(he did a full term, as well as the guy before him).
2-Then CC until he resigned in 2010(I think) due to his own shenanigans and getting caught(otherwise I am sure he would have stayed a full term whilst screwing all of us all the way to the bank).
1-BD graciously came back until a new chair could be elected.
3-CB(guy that just got recalled) was elected in 2011(or was it just this spring of 2012).
4-Now CM is the newly elected chair.

So in the past 2(maybe 3) years we have had 3 official chairmen and one interim chair(who was a previous chair). Unless I am missing somebody in between the interim time of BD and CB.

But in reality who cares? These guys have been replaced for very valid reasons(the latest is still up for discussion since we dont officially know why) rather than let them serve out their term while everything goes to ******************** because nobody trusts them anymore, which happens at a lot of places I am sure because nobody wants to rock the boat. While I would rather have somebody in that stays the course and doesnt do things to ******************** up their chances of staying the course, I am quite ok with those people being removed if its a legit reason.

The chairman does what the reps tell him to do. If he doesn't or they don't like what he is doing, then they should replace him. This is a bottom up organization, not a top down organization. Also, I think that we need fresh perspectives anyway rather than having someone there who hasn't flown the line for eight years.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back