• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another MD-11 down

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was slated to test flight that bird for the company I work for but two Airbus A321's came up so a friend of mine went.. they did have a #2 engine tail pipe fire apparently and the airplane was subsequently worked on and lots of parts changed on #2.. but a #2 going out on TO would cause very light controls and a possible trail strike for sure.. I assume this will all be shortly found out via the FDR/CVR.. MD11 is a good plane, but it's safety record is hard to argue with... what role MX and design play into it, who knows?

In a 25+ kt x-wind landing, I'll take the MD-11 over the Airbus anyday...
MD-11 is all about the training...and Gemini had the best training department I've
ever experienced in my career. I knew one of the FO's...great drinking buddy...
he once told me he always wanted to be a freight dog and that's what he was meant to be...

Hey, could someone PM me with the names of lost airmen? I flew for the MD11 for GAC for a while...

I flew for Gemini from 1999 to 2003 and have never met a better group of people in the industry.

I also received the best training there I've ever had.

Very sad to hear the news.

Could someone PM me some names please. I drove the 10 for them. I have a good friend who is an ex-gemini md11 driver who is working for Avient Aviation now and I cannot get ahold of him. Thx any help would be good.

Add my condolences to all those lost and their families and friends.

The relatively few accidents like this speaks well of the quality of the freight dog community. Some of my friends were at Focus--VERY challenging flying.

Take care.

TC

Latest resources

Back