• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another incident for Avantair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There does seem to be some weak controlers in TEB. I had to decline a "cleared to cross 19" clearence, while I waited for traffic on short final to land. It wasn't busy and it was CAVU.

Duh.

Looks like Avantair had another gear mishap today, this time at TEB.

The unofficial word from tower was that one of the tires blew but the controller wasn't there to witness the incident. The plane ended up pointing north right in the middle of runway 24. Closed down the runway for at least an hour and forced TEB to use runway 19 for arrivals and departures along with everyone's favorite, the Dalton 19 departure.

Here's what I managed to get for a pic:
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i130/nhpilot01/p180.jpg

Anyone have anymore details? Seems to be becoming a common occurrence in the Piaggio.

Avantair crew should be commended on utilizing judgment skill and cunning to avoid a disaster. Great job!

NHpilot: Nice photos. Deck is coming along nicely. Remember, June / July is bear mating season.

Suggestion: change your photobucket account nhpilot.

Last edited:
There does seem to be some weak controlers in TEB. I had to decline a "cleared to cross 19" clearence, while I waited for traffic on short final to land. It wasn't busy and it was CAVU.

They are weak cuz TEB is a "training tower" for controllers. Pretty busy place for a little OJT.

Latest resources

Back